Why become a member? ×

TACOMA THUNDERCHIEF CB10C ACOUSTIC BASS

soggs

tThese acoustic basses are incredible, used acoustically the bass still has plenty of volume and strong tones, very fast and playable neck feels like a electric bass. very light and balanced, especially the fact that all the guitar is solid wood and has strong bracing. its solid sitka spruce top, solid mahogany back and sides, solid one piece mahogany neck, and rosewood fretboard, bridge in rosewood. Its the original Tacoma not the fender, it has the Tacoma LR BAGGS preamp system, consists of bass mid treble eq and a phse button, and a pickup ribbon transducer element into the bridge, when its plugged in it sounds great, these basses are becoming much harder to find as they are no longer produced, and it really does compete with all of the much more expensive bass acoustics, been set up by brittish luthier new set of strings and comes with the lovely Tacoma fitted case, the guitar and case are absolutely immaculate and the previous chap i bought it from i believe ordered it from new, so two owners, never been gigged, the pictures really don't do it justice, its better in the flesh!!
you would be hard pushed to find a better sounding and more comfortable bass to play.

Edited by soggs

[quote name='soggs' post='1123882' date='Feb 11 2011, 02:37 PM']tThese acoustic basses are incredible, used acoustically the bass still has plenty of volume and strong tones, very fast and playable neck feels like a electric bass. very light and balanced, especially the fact that all the guitar is solid wood and has strong bracing. its solid sitka spruce top, solid mahogany back and sides, solid one piece mahogany neck, and rosewood fretboard, bridge in rosewood. Its the original Tacoma not the fender, it has the Tacoma LR BAGGS preamp system, consists of bass mid treble eq and a phse button, and a pickup ribbon transducer element into the bridge, when its plugged in it sounds great, these basses are becoming much harder to find as they are no longer produced, and it really does compete with all of the much more expensive bass acoustics, been set up by brittish luthier new set of strings and comes with the lovely Tacoma fitted case, the guitar and case are absolutely immaculate and the previous chap i bought it from i believe ordered it from new, so two owners, never been gigged, the pictures really don't do it justice, its better in the flesh!!
you would be hard pushed to find a better sounding and more comfortable bass to play.[/quote]

Ohhh thank the lord that's not fretless or I'd be in deep trouble.

P

Hi BC'ers,

Have a BUMP for my old bass. Just to confirm this thing sounds absolutely gorgeous, you won't be disappointed.
Simon was a true Gent and offered me first refusal on the sale, as we agreed way back when, before listing it here. It's only lack of funds that stopped me!

Cheers,
Jon

[quote name='jonthebass' post='1124371' date='Feb 11 2011, 09:16 PM']Hi BC'ers,

Have a BUMP for my old bass. Just to confirm this thing sounds absolutely gorgeous, you won't be disappointed.
Simon was a true Gent and offered me first refusal on the sale, as we agreed way back when, before listing it here. It's only lack of funds that stopped me!

Cheers,
Jon[/quote]thanks for the kind words jon, i'll give you that tenner later ha ha!!

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...