Why become a member? ×

FS Black Fender Jazz Early 70s Maple

Brams77

Hi there,

I never thought I would actually think about selling but somehow last few months I decided to do so.
I play 33" scale basses that have 5 strings basically, and altho this is a real good bass I somehow can not get the same
pleasure out of 4 strings so this is my motivation to sell....
Anyways here some details:

-Color Black orig paint with definite wear and tear on it (which for 1971 was custom btw)
-Alder body (its from 1971 stamped Chambers on neck pocket)
There has been a made a cavity for a battery at some point in the bass it's life but filled again later under the pickguard
I have never seen that though.
-70s placement pu the pickups are 60s custom shop from Fender I have the orig. ones but theydefinitly need to be rewound to sound good again.
-Pots are not orig. replaced by cts pots.
1974 maple/maple neck with block inlays white (stamped Torres)
White pickguard I'm not sure it's orig or not.
PU covers are there
And the bass has the WBS neck joint system (brass inserts with tap in them) so you get a very tight fit and remove
and put then neck on 100 times and it will never get dull neat system to be honest.
The bass weighs in at 3.8 kg which is pretty light.
Frets are in ok condition.

All in all a great piece it's not a collecter but definitly a great player.
I'm interested in a straight sale.

I would say 1950,- Euro is a nice starter.

Edited by Brams77

[quote name='Sibob' post='1121550' date='Feb 9 2011, 05:45 PM']Might be worth uploading a picture of the filled in rout?!
Also, what is this WTS system? I assume its a retro-fit mod, what does the work entail?

Si[/quote]

You mean WBS... Well these are brass inserts that are placed (screwed in) where the orig screwholes were in the neck. These inserts are tapped and there are 4 bolts that just look like the former neck-screws they turn into the tapped brass insers.... so you have a bolt going into a brass insert that is screwed into the neck basically, it's very snug and tight better then the original joint. But for anyone who wants to know what it is here's a link:

[url="http://cgi.ebay.com/WBS-Guitar-Bass-Neck-Joint-System-Kit-Project-DIY-L-K_W0QQitemZ170305952745QQcategoryZ41423QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp5197.m7QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D2%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D6970210164093716584"]http://cgi.ebay.com/WBS-Guitar-Bass-Neck-J...210164093716584[/url]

I'll try to make a pic of the filled rout

Edited by Brams77

• 1 year later...