Why become a member? ×

Kopo Lina Fretless 4 String - Custom French Bass FT/FS

JMT3781

Evening All

Heres a Bass that has been for sale here before.. but i picked it up on Ebay 18 months ago before i had discovered basschat.

Its a French Made Bass By a Luthier called Fred if his email address is to be believed. Check below for four pictures i took in the summer when the sun was out and shining.
The Specs are as follows (guesswork as i've never seen a definitive spec sheet)

Thru Neck
Flamed Maple body
3 piece neck (maybe 3 pieces of maple)
painted headstock
1 x Delano Soapbar (coil tapable)
1 x Delano MM (coil tapable)
passive tone (bass is passive)
Ebony board i think..

lightweight design with mega long top horn so it balances well on a strap. Comes with kopo gigbag and set of labella tapewounds.

issues.. buckle rash to the rear, and the odd ding here and there. At the end of the fingerboard on the body, there is a small crack to the lacquer.

Sound? Really great, the coil tapping means there is a ton of sounds, even to satisfy someone more used to active basses. Action is low with no buzzing or dead spots.

Reason For Sale - I bought this bass because uni was demanding more and more fretless playing.. since leaving almost 9 months ago, it hasnt been out of its case. Drives me mad having a bass i dont use, so im offering it up for trade or sale.

Its hard to determine a value, as Kopo's website doesn't really give any definitive prices - [url="http://www.kopo.fr/English/index_english.htm"]http://www.kopo.fr/English/index_english.htm[/url]
From looking at the site, i think this bass may have been around 1500 euros, which is 1300 quid. I bought it from the lovely Siddx for £725

Trades wise.. i'd be interested in any interesting stuff, money you way or mine. Amps.. got a lot of that at the moment lol, unless anyone has a tecamp xs112 8ohm cab.. i know thats a ridiculously specific request, but thats what i really need. But hit me with some trade offers.. a nice jazz would work for me.. or something and cool. If its another fretless, please only 5's

cash value? any takers at 650?

Give me a shout, ask any questions, and enjoy the photos.

Edited by JMT3781

[quote name='chuck_stones' post='1122785' date='Feb 10 2011, 03:56 PM']I'm not really a fretless player, but that I like!! Are you only interested in trades for 5 string basses? I have a 4 string Warwick Corvette $$ I'd gladly trade for that beauty! If I had the cash, I'd buy but regrettably funds are down low...[/quote]

hey dude..

it really is a stunner

i was tempted, but im afraid i'm not a warwick fan

thanks for the offer though

J

(edited trade options)

[quote name='JMT3781' post='1123099' date='Feb 10 2011, 07:50 PM']hey dude..

it really is a stunner

i was tempted, but im afraid i'm not a warwick fan

thanks for the offer though

J

(edited trade options)[/quote]

Hehe, yeah the Warwicks are a bit like Marmite. If I can sell it to raise the funds I'll buy this beauty off you, but the way Warwicks are going at the moment (especially the Corvette $$) I doubt I'll be able to shift it, without dropping the price painfully low. Shame is I've got chronic GAS for this... just love it :)

Nice to see this bass again. I was damn tempted to buy this on ebay when it was last for sale.

In fact it's due to this bass I found BC as I googled to find out more about it and found it on BC also. So damn tempted as it looks a really nice instrument, but I've pretty much realised 5 strings are the way ahead for me, so have a bump on me :) and for goodness sake somebody buy this before I change my mind and ruin my new year's resolution which was no buying any new instruments until I get rid of one or more not being used to their full.