Why become a member? ×

Badass II vs Badass III

Cieran

Been searching the BassChat forums and I have found conflicting information about this.

I currently have a Badass II on my Gretch bass which was a straight swap for the stock bridge. If I swapped this out for a Badass III would the 3 screws line up with 3 of the 5 holes currently on the body, or would there be a need for modification?

Also I am after any opinions on the advantages of using the Badass III over the Badass II. The main reason I am considering this is that I have read that the through-body stringing can increase the string tension a little bit higher which would be a bonus on my shortie bass, which has a tendency to have a slightly floppy E string.

However I know the whole through-body/top loading thing is a potential can or worms and I have also read that the string-through tension argument can be negligable. If there is going to be very little difference between the Badass II and the through-body Badass III I am inclined to leave it as it is.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks

Having had Baddass bridges on my Fenders for a while, I had to get different versions of the Baddass for the string-thru bodies with 3 holes, as oppose to the 5 hole bodies, as the holes are spaced differently. So what yr after won`t work I`m afraid, without mods to your bass.

Edited by Lozz196

[quote name='Lozz196' post='1107651' date='Jan 29 2011, 09:35 PM']Having had Baddass bridges on my Fenders for a while, I had to get different versions of the Baddass for the string-thru bodies with 3 holes, as oppose to the 5 hole bodies, as the holes are spaced differently. So what yr after won`t work I`m afraid, without mods to your bass.[/quote]

Thanks for the info Lozz.

Thats what i suspected so it was good to have it confirmed and save myself money and alot of messing about!

Cheers