Why become a member? ×

John East J-Retro Preamp for sale

Hi, I'm selling a [b]John East J-Retro 01[/b] Preamp.

It's the standard Jazz plate shape, with 3 stacked knobs & jack socket so it can be dropped into any standard Jazz bass. The knobs and plate are all in black. The only difference with this one is that I asked for the frequencies of the treble & bass pots to be the same as the [i][b]Marcus Retro 01[/b][/i]. The treble and bass frequencies of the Marcus Retro 01 are slightly lower than the standard J-Retro, the treble is at 1.5 kHz and the bass is at 40Hz. To my ears the treble has a bit more bite and the bass is a bit fatter. All in all a great retro fit preamp for anyone wanting to super charge their Jazz bass. I'm asking £140 (they retail at over £200). The item is in 'used' but very good condition and is in perfect working order. Thanks, Ian

PM'd

[quote name='Kingbassist' post='1107374' date='Jan 29 2011, 05:12 PM']Hi, I'm selling a [b]John East J-Retro 01[/b] Preamp.

It's the standard Jazz plate shape, with 3 stacked knobs & jack socket so it can be dropped into any standard Jazz bass. The knobs and plate are all in black. The only difference with this one is that I asked for the frequencies of the treble & bass pots to be the same as the [i][b]Marcus Retro 01[/b][/i]. The treble and bass frequencies of the Marcus Retro 01 are slightly lower than the standard J-Retro, the treble is at 1.5 kHz and the bass is at 40Hz. To my ears the treble has a bit more bite and the bass is a bit fatter. All in all a great retro fit preamp for anyone wanting to super charge their Jazz bass. I'm asking £140 (they retail at over £200). The item is in 'used' but very good condition and is in perfect working order. Thanks, Ian[/quote]

• 5 months later...