Why become a member? ×

Fs/ft: Warmoth Jazz Style Bass - SOLD

kurcatovium

[size=7]SOLD[/size]

Hi there.
Well, that decission costed me a lot of thinking (and the bass costed lot of money), but funds are depleted and I need to sell something. So here's my Warmoth (not so) jazz bass for sale.

[b]Short description:[/b]
Body:
- Warmoth, jazz shape
- alder, three matched pieces
- high grade bookmatched bubinga top
- custom wound SBS pickups - dual coils in series
- back routed cavity
- CTS pots, orange drop cap, switchcraft jack socket
- fully shielded with copper tape
- black Schaller 3D bridge
- custom rosewood knobs and veneered back cavity cover
- I can inlude either black schaller strap-lock buttons or classic black buttons

Neck:
- Warmoth, jazz shape
- wenge back (amazing!)
- bloodwood fretboard (think of red ebony)
- stainless steel frets (6230 i.i.r.c.)
- custom nut made from buffalo horn
- position markers made (probably) from maple
- black Gotoh Kluson style tuners and string tree

[b]The good:[/b]
The bass plays like butter. The bass is stronger in bass and low mids, not so zingy highs. Soud is very full, good especially for fingerstyle and slap. Although you might not know the company, those pickups are fabulous - the guy used to make pickups for companies like Overwater or Neuser, which speaks for itself. Feel of the wenge is amazing, neck is comfortable. Bass stays in tune well. Strung with elixir strings (worn, but still ok).

[b]The bad:[/b]
There are few minor imperfections - few tiny dings here and there plus one lighter spot on the back (polished spot from soldering iron drop). Rosewood veneer on back cavity cover is chipped a bit around the screws, but there will be one extra unused cover included (unfortunately it is ivory color - ready to be veneered).

[b]Price & trade:[/b]
Let's start with [s]£600[/s] [s]£580[/s] [s]£570[/s] [s]£560[/s] [s]£550[/s] [s]£540[/s] [b]£530[/b] cash-wise. I will include quality Roadrunner gig bag in this price and I think we can work out some "postage discount" too.
I will also listen to your trade offers for cheaper stuff with some money (at least £200) going my way. You can offer almost everything bass-related, starting from cheap fretless through bass pedals to strings and other minor stuff.

[b]Pictures:[/b]
My camera is probably broken and works oddly, pictures are weird colored. I'll try to take some better in next few days.
Here's the gallery: [url="http://picasaweb.google.com/ctirad.kovar/WarmothWengeBubinga#"]http://picasaweb.google.com/ctirad.kovar/W...thWengeBubinga#[/url]

This one shows quite authentic colour:

Same like the one above, also there's the lighter spot to be seen:

"The worst" ding:

Detail of rosewood knobs:

New horn nut. But weird bluish coloured picture:

Whole bass, again the colours are ... just weird:

Edited by kurcatovium

[quote name='bassaussie' post='1105080' date='Jan 27 2011, 03:08 PM']That's a beautiful top on the bass. Really nice looking instrument. With the woods you've used, I keep thinking "This is what a Warwick Jazz bass would look like".[/quote]
Indeed, sir, that was part of my idea.

[quote name='Dodge' post='1105441' date='Jan 27 2011, 08:17 PM']That is gorgeous. I'd love to try it - shame you're not in the UK.[/quote]
I know this might be a problem. But if you're suspicious, you can always check my feedback here.

[quote name='kurcatovium' post='1105459' date='Jan 27 2011, 07:27 PM']I know this might be a problem. But if you're suspicious, you can always check my feedback here.[/quote]

Not suspicious at all, I just wouldn't part with that sort of cash on something without trying it first! :)

[quote name='kurcatovium' post='1111758' date='Feb 1 2011, 10:49 PM']That was white jazz if I remember correctly. Very nic bass too. Seems Warmoths are not the stuff people want...[/quote]

You might get more joy selling it as parts. One man's 'dream bass' isn't necessarily everyone elses.

Me, I love it!

[quote name='kurcatovium' post='1112926' date='Feb 2 2011, 08:02 PM']Sure, we can always talk about taking the bass apart... if there's some interest of course.[/quote]

If you get any takers for the other parts, I may be interested in just the neck.

[quote name='kurcatovium' post='1111758' date='Feb 1 2011, 10:49 PM']That was white jazz if I remember correctly. Very nic bass too. Seems Warmoths are not the stuff people want...[/quote]
yes, it seems so. I put mine on ebay and was offered £350 if I paid the postage! I told the guy to kiss my a**e! I'm keeping it now.