Why become a member? ×

Gorgeous Custom Bass Body - SOLD

A bit gutted to admit I'm never going to do this justice:

[attachment=69987:front2.jpg]
[attachment=69988:top.jpg]
[attachment=69989:back.jpg]
[attachment=69990:front.jpg]

As with other stuff I'm selling, part of a project dating back around 7 years - that apparently being how long it takes for me to accept I'm never going to do something! This was imported from Brazil - BCers with very long memories might recall these. I'm not 100% about the woods, tbh - it was a while ago - but as far as I remember it's a 3-piece mahogany back and a Brazilian cherry 2-part matched top. Routing is for standard-sized J pups, the neck pocket is 63.5mm wide & 15mm deep. Weight is 4.23 lbs/1.91 kg.

There are two minor & easily-fixed flaws, both of which were present when I got it - a dent on the top of the upper horn, maybe 8mm long:

[attachment=69991:dent.jpg]

And a very small flake missing from the upper side of the neck pocket:

[attachment=69992:pocket.jpg]

The lacquer on the body is a sealing coat & intended to be sanded off prior to finishing - but it gives an impression of quite how stunning the wood will look when properly lacquered or oiled.

[b]Looking for £60 for this, plus £7 for UK postage. This is a ballpark (it's gotta go!) so PM me with offers![/b]

Presently I'd prefer PayPal payment (as I need some money in the account!), and the only trade I'd consider at the moment would be for a good lined (preferably factory) fretless Jazz neck.

Jon.

Edited by Bassassin

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='1105327' date='Jan 27 2011, 05:49 PM']That neck pocket to fit a standard 'Fender' heel?[/quote]
Depends on your definition of "standard", Fender heels seem to be either 2 1/2" or 2 7/8". This is 63.5mm, which is 2 1/2". Not much of a shim though if it turns out to be the narrower width.

J.

[quote name='Mrs Tinman' post='1133432' date='Feb 19 2011, 02:57 PM']Would you accept £4.73 and an unread copy of last week's Sunday Times for your body? I can come and collect you! :)[/quote]
I couldn't possibly accept your life savings & deprive you of your library - but since it's you I think an approval-based loan period could be agreed.

J.