Why become a member? ×

Marshall Bass 5506 60 Watt Combo

joe5752

I don't really need this. I brought this from a shop in Bournemouth a couple of years ago. I've gigged it once, and I'm currently using it as a practice amp whilst my other amp is at the studio. It sounds fine. It's in good working order, but cosmetically it looks it's age! These amps where made between 1983 and 1989 I believe.
It's a 60w 1x15 combo.
Amp is in Bristol. Too heavy really to courier, but I regularly drive to Bournemouth, and will drop it off, or arrange a meet if within reason, and perhaps a bit of petrol money.

[s]£70[/s]

£50

[attachment=69893:24012011008.JPG]

[attachment=69894:24012011009.JPG]

[attachment=69895:24012011010.JPG]

[attachment=69896:24012011011.JPG]

Edited by joe5752

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I used to have one of these, my first amp, ever!

Brilliant sounding things, can do small pub gigs with this... and you have the DI out if you want more cabs. If this was closer to me id take it again just for the memories! Good luck with the sale :)

[quote name='Stag' post='1149008' date='Mar 3 2011, 10:31 PM']I used to have one of these, my first amp, ever!

Brilliant sounding things, can do small pub gigs with this... and you have the DI out if you want more cabs. If this was closer to me id take it again just for the memories! Good luck with the sale :)[/quote]

Did ya really Steve? I had the 200W Amp Head version! Pretty much the same controls - it was brilliant!

I would give delivery a try, but really wouldn't know where to start considering how heaavy the thing is!

[quote name='craig222' post='1149483' date='Mar 4 2011, 02:23 PM']you sure you won't deliver?? would be interested at the right price... (I'm in Cumbria)[/quote]

Thanks, it is a nice amp. Unfortunately, i'mmoving in June and there is just no room to keep hence it's rather cheap!

[quote name='Stag' post='1149008' date='Mar 3 2011, 10:31 PM']I used to have one of these, my first amp, ever!

Brilliant sounding things, can do small pub gigs with this... and you have the DI out if you want more cabs. If this was closer to me id take it again just for the memories! Good luck with the sale :)[/quote]

[quote name='dood' post='1150128' date='Mar 4 2011, 11:34 PM']Did ya really Steve? I had the 200W Amp Head version! Pretty much the same controls - it was brilliant![/quote]

Indeed I did Dan! I think it cost me £100 back in the day so this is a splendid deal. If it was closer I would have it for myself, particularly after lugging my SVT5 to a rehearsal (ouch)

:)

• 4 weeks later...