Why become a member? ×

Marshall Mbc's

garethox

I`ve had both. Used each seperately, and both together, and the results:

410 on its own - good lows, good highs, plenty of power for most venues up to abt 400 capacity. Switching off the tweeter really makes the cab sound like an old school cab. With the tweeter on a lot more definition to the sound

410 & 115 together - more power than I needed. Was on a big stage, DI through the pa, and wherever I was the bass presence was there. 1000+ capacity venue.

115 on its own - the presence was there, the bass could definately be felt, but there was no real clarity on the top end, so the bass couldn`t really be heard. 100 capacity venue at most.

Altogether, unless you are playing huge venues, in my opinion the 410 on its own is more than enough. I did many gigs with just the 410 and never had a problem with lack of volume or presence. Of course, this will depend on your bass and your amp.

[quote name='Lozz196' post='1100395' date='Jan 24 2011, 07:43 AM']I`ve had both. Used each seperately, and both together, and the results:

410 on its own - good lows, good highs, plenty of power for most venues up to abt 400 capacity. Switching off the tweeter really makes the cab sound like an old school cab. With the tweeter on a lot more definition to the sound

410 & 115 together - more power than I needed. Was on a big stage, DI through the pa, and wherever I was the bass presence was there. 1000+ capacity venue.

115 on its own - the presence was there, the bass could definately be felt, but there was no real clarity on the top end, so the bass couldn`t really be heard. 100 capacity venue at most.

Altogether, unless you are playing huge venues, in my opinion the 410 on its own is more than enough. I did many gigs with just the 410 and never had a problem with lack of volume or presence. Of course, this will depend on your bass and your amp.[/quote]

+1

Oh, a lot of people think the 115 is pretty poor compared to the 410. Maybe... 2 410s? :)

The MBC 4x10 is really good. In fact I have one for sale (if you are interested it is 7 months old, great condition and comes with a 10mm thick padded cover and lead - £125)

The switchable horn is great bonus on these and the seperation is great, but still giving good low end. A good 600W 4Ohm cab.

i found the pcb in the cab caused a lot of problems for me lots of bad joints and the built quality is suspect just last week i had to take the grill off and retighten all the speakers.they are heavy aswell.there is a thread on how bad the mb range is

Edited by bobbytodd