Why become a member? ×

How Much Is My Dan Armstrong Bass Worth?

madshadows

I need a bit of advice, I'm out of work at the moment due to a medical problem and I;m thinking of selling my bass, problem is I don't know what it's worth, anyone on here give me an idea.. The bass is a Dan Armstrong London bass with a sliding pick-up, it's the short scale model with a mahogany body. Hopefully I'll be able to buy a cheaper bass if I can sell the DA.[attachment=69807:IMGP0443.JPG] :)

Thanks John

Edited by madshadows

Nice bass! I've always fancied one of these after briefly owning the guitar model in the mid 70's.
Dan Armstrongs appear to vary greatly in value - I've seen them go for anything between £400 and over a grand.
The Jack Bruce connection is always a help,( especially with rich collectors who willingly snap up anything remotely Cream related)
so good luck with your sale. (Maybe try a for sale post on here?)

[quote name='casapete' post='1100067' date='Jan 23 2011, 08:30 PM']Nice bass! I've always fancied one of these after briefly owning the guitar model in the mid 70's.
Dan Armstrongs appear to vary greatly in value - I've seen them go for anything between £400 and over a grand.
The Jack Bruce connection is always a help,( especially with rich collectors who willingly snap up anything remotely Cream related)
so good luck with your sale. (Maybe try a for sale post on here?)[/quote]

Thanks for the advice and the info., I'll have a scout around the net for more info and maybe then try to sell on her.

Cheers John :)

[quote name='lettsguitars' post='1109931' date='Jan 31 2011, 07:41 PM']very sought after bass. dan armstrong was (is? i think he's gone now) an absolute legend. is there a serial or date?[/quote]

No serial number (looked under the truss rod plate last week where they were sometimes hand -written) but from the Dan Armstrong website they were built between 1972-75, I bought it new in 74 or 75, a mate bought a 6 string plexiglass model at the same time, great guitars.

John :-)

[quote name='madshadows' post='1109988' date='Jan 31 2011, 08:06 PM']No serial number (looked under the truss rod plate last week where they were sometimes hand -written) but from the Dan Armstrong website they were built between 1972-75, I bought it new in 74 or 75, a mate bought a 6 string plexiglass model at the same time, great guitars.

John :-)[/quote]
oh wow. then it is the real deal. one careful owner only £1000 :)