Why become a member? ×

What Amp

pixiedust

You could do much worse than this Peavey Microbass - [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=119319"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=119319[/url]

Plenty of people on here have used them for practice duties, so try the search function if you want to check out others opinions.

When I was looking for a practice amp two caught my attention, the Fender Rumble, and the Marshall MB.

Went with the Marshall, as I liked the Classic channel on it, nice warm old-school valvey sound, that can go up to Lemmy sounds if required.

[quote name='pixiedust' post='1099760' date='Jan 23 2011, 03:58 PM']Hi im new to playing bass and would like some advice on what pratice amp would be best for someone like myself. I have an SRX300 by ibanez what amp would best suit this bass please help.[/quote]

To be honest I would not bother with a practice amp, for at home use. I would have a look at the Korg PX4D of something like that (boss do one as well) I use the PX4 all the time has a wide range of effects you can loop, but best of all you can link it to your ipod stereo or whatever and play along to music, which is a good way of getting stuff down and you can play away at three in the morning and no one will care! For jamming / rehearsals then you could not go far wrong, by looking at the Hartke Kickback 12 or 15 stuff or the A series A70 or A100 all of these can cut it in jamming / rehearsals thet are plenty loud enough, but more importantly they sound good. I would avoid the A25/A35 as the others are only a little bit more, the A25/A35 aren't really up to the job if you are using a lot. A lot of them seem to destroy themselves after a while (The DC voltage regulators fail, and blow the speaker, they have tiny heat sinks). Another sure fire is the RB stuff from Laney also can take loads of abuse or use ! Some of the older Peavey stuff is good, Marshall MB is ok, Fender Rumble is also good stuff. Have a look on this site there are usually a few of all mention for sale. You have a lot of choice it really depends on the sound you are after. Personally for the bass you have I would go for one of the Hartkes.