Why become a member? ×

Hartke Lh1000 Bridge Mode Help

danthewelshy

Hi

I'm having problems connecting a HARTKE lh1000 via bridge mode to a barefaced cab. I have moved the slider over to bridge mode and the cable I have says NEUTRIK NL2FC LIECHTENSTEIN 1+ (It says exactly this on each end). When this is turned on and all connected there is simply no sound. Am I using the wrong type of speakon cable? I'm totally clueless about this.

Cheers for any help
Dan

[quote name='danthewelshy' post='1093859' date='Jan 18 2011, 02:20 PM']I'm having problems connecting a HARTKE lh1000 via bridge mode to a barefaced cab. I have moved the slider over to bridge mode and the cable I have says NEUTRIK NL2FC LIECHTENSTEIN 1+ (It says exactly this on each end). When this is turned on and all connected there is simply no sound. Am I using the wrong type of speakon cable? I'm totally clueless about this.[/quote]

It is an NL4 connector on the back of the amp (if you zoom in on the instruction manual it shows a little diagram on the back of the chassis).
Using an +1 NL2 connector should be fine - NL2 connectors work in NL4 sockets (but not the other way round).

So....

Make sure the Bridge Mode switch is slid to the right (when facing the rear of the amp).
Beg/borrow/steal another Speakon +1 cable and see if that makes a difference.

If none of that solves it then it sounds like you have an amp problem.

[quote name='alexclaber' post='1093891' date='Jan 18 2011, 02:45 PM']My brain is clearly addled from the drugs. It is a 1+/1- and earlier I meant a 1+/2+. Dodgy lead or amp problem. I'll send you another lead and you can disassemble and reassemble your current lead and keep it as a spare.[/quote]

Glad ya said that, as my standard speakons work fine with the LH1000 in bridge mode and Hartke cabs! Ace.