Why become a member? ×

Warwick Wca 411 Advice?

Cameronj279

[quote name='Cameronj279' post='1091074' date='Jan 16 2011, 06:34 AM']noticed this deal on thomann, wondering if anybody had any experience with this cab or the amp head and if it's worth the money (seems like a good deal to me)

[url="http://www.thomann.de/gb/warwick_profet_33_bundle_3.htm"]http://www.thomann.de/gb/warwick_profet_33_bundle_3.htm[/url][/quote]

I haven't tried their heads but I use their cabs on a regular basis.
They're sturdy, well built and sound fine (to me).

The Warwick forum is quite busy and worth digging around. www.warwickbass.com the Mods actually work for Warwick and talk directly to their tech guys very quickly, I've had replies to my questions in a matter of hours. Although bear in mind they're German so might have a different understanding or way of looking at things.

The 3.1 amp seems to be thought to be undersized by many, but they need to be driven quite high above where the clip light comes on. I have the 5.1 and have been very impressed. If you can find the extra go for the 500w. Both are rated into 4ohms and 300W into 4ohms is not a lot.

The other thing is that they do/did two ranges of speakers, the 410/411 and the 210/211. The 411/211 series are supposed to be their professional range and are much louder than the 410/210. There is no mention on their website of the 411 ND. Odd.

I have the 211pro and coupled with the 5.1 it's loud enough for me.

The 3.3 is discontinued by Warwick too. Odd.

I would check exactly what you are buying!