Why become a member? ×

Fender Bassman 135

rogerds

1980 FENDER BASSMAN 135

tried offering this last year - but no-one had any money :) .. been sat in my lounge since
i connect it up, plug it in and talk to it occasinally for reassurance... to show its still loved and wanted....

just don't do the gigs for it anymore - so... much as it pains... its got to go

no-one has any money - know the feeling - so now seriously open to trades - maybe a Jaguar bass ??

worth trying anything if you fancy it - but please don't be offended if what you're offering is not for me!

Its been a workhorse and has the scars to prove it - serial is F0 plus 5 digits so I believe that makes it '80 and, by the looks of it, has spent many of those years being thrown in the backs of transit vans

the plate is Silver (face) but, again, I think that is meaningless with the 135's as they were all silver except for some *later* models (80.. on) which had the Black(face) but were only cosmetically different - the insides were the same
(thats what i was told anyway - and i believe everything i'm told......)

the technical bit..
its got 4 big valves and 3 little ones....
and its heavy

Its no good asking if its original / what are the valves / have bits been changed - all i've done is turned it on, plugged in and played
i've had it several years and its not been serviced, no valves have been changed whilst i've had it - its just worked and pumped out that classic Bassman sound through a variety of cabs

Could be recovered I guess - but that would hide the stories it could tell

If you fancy a trip to the South Coast then come and try it - could probably find coffee or a beer

looking for £399 (lets face it - a better investment than money in a building society these days...)

[attachment=68832:bassman_front_01.jpg] / [attachment=68833:bassman_left.jpg] / [attachment=68834:bassman_middle.jpg]

[attachment=68835:bassman_right.jpg] / [attachment=68836:bassman_valves.jpg] / [attachment=68837:bassman_back_01.jpg]

Edited by rogerds

Have a bump on me.....
Can't believe noone's snapped this baby up.
Wake up BC, this amp is the dogs bollix.
If you want all valve point to point georgeous amp wizardry at great value price, this is your chance.
These amps are legendary.

Edited by Bassnut62

[quote name='Bassnut62' post='1097895' date='Jan 21 2011, 06:10 PM']Have a bump on me.....
Can't believe noone's snapped this baby up.
Wake up BC, this amp is the dogs bollix.
If you want all valve point to point georgeous amp wizardry at great value price, this is your chance.
These amps are legendary and this is your chance.
If I didn't have one already I would be all over this.[/quote]

I know, i'm trying to put together the pennies...

hi,

interested to trade for a David Eden WT405?

Pedro

[quote name='rogerds' post='1090122' date='Jan 15 2011, 07:43 AM']1980 FENDER BASSMAN 135

tried offering this last year - but no-one had any money :) .. been sat in my lounge since
i connect it up, plug it in and talk to it occasinally for reassurance... to show its still loved and wanted....

just don't do the gigs for it anymore - so... much as it pains... its got to go

no-one has any money - know the feeling - so now seriously open to trades - maybe a Jaguar bass ??

worth trying anything if you fancy it - but please don't be offended if what you're offering is not for me!

Its been a workhorse and has the scars to prove it - serial is F0 plus 5 digits so I believe that makes it '80 and, by the looks of it, has spent many of those years being thrown in the backs of transit vans

the plate is Silver (face) but, again, I think that is meaningless with the 135's as they were all silver except for some *later* models (80.. on) which had the Black(face) but were only cosmetically different - the insides were the same
(thats what i was told anyway - and i believe everything i'm told......)

the technical bit..
its got 4 big valves and 3 little ones....
and its heavy

Its no good asking if its original / what are the valves / have bits been changed - all i've done is turned it on, plugged in and played
i've had it several years and its not been serviced, no valves have been changed whilst i've had it - its just worked and pumped out that classic Bassman sound through a variety of cabs

Could be recovered I guess - but that would hide the stories it could tell

If you fancy a trip to the South Coast then come and try it - could probably find coffee or a beer

looking for £399 (lets face it - a better investment than money in a building society these days...)

[attachment=68832:bassman_front_01.jpg] / [attachment=68833:bassman_left.jpg] / [attachment=68834:bassman_middle.jpg]

[attachment=68835:bassman_right.jpg] / [attachment=68836:bassman_valves.jpg] / [attachment=68837:bassman_back_01.jpg][/quote]

hello matty.....

i don't have a problem with 'cheeky' :)

(its what somethings worth to you and what its worth to me - at this point in time !)

there are a couple of interested 'parties' at the mo and i'm thinking about the eden wt405....
i'll be in touch!
cheers
roger

[quote name='Matty' post='1101523' date='Jan 24 2011, 10:41 PM']Any idea on a postage cost on this?
(if you can do it delivered for £400, I'll most likely take it...cheeky i know, but you gotta ask...)[/quote]