Why become a member? ×

[Feeler] Matamp 212 Bass Cab

Dosi Y'Anarchy

**Feeler for interrest**

Its This one:

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=106325&hl=matamp&st=20"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...atamp&st=20[/url]

[b]I paid £280 before postage (I spent ALOT on postage because I needed saturday delivery)

so i'd like that back - you can collect from Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire or Leytonstone, East London.

You're welcome to arrange a courier at your own expense, but im not the greatest for availability due to work and band constraints.
[/b]

My Situation is this:

I practice in a squat in Leytonstone (east London), up a very narrow flight of stairs. I'm sure most bass players dont have to deal with this sh*t just to have a practice, but in the past i've regularly carried cabs all the way up those stairs and all the way down. When I got the Matamp and took it to practice i noticed two things:

1) its the greatest cab i've ever heard - loud, punchy, articulate - everything i'd hoped it would be.
and:
2)now its up in the practice room, i'm not moving it anywhere until a gig because if it goes down those stairs I fall down the stairs with it and be crushed to death or worse: break the cab.

So I've been leaving it there so I can practice with it and so I dont have to try and lug it down stairs and into the boot of my peugeot 107 (3-doors and bass cabs dont mix) and back every week. They guys in the squat are my buddies and the cab is safe - its Speakon only, so no one actually has anything that will run through it! (unlike my old Ashdown that got ragged) - so it sits in the corner, hidded with blankets.

Now I sold my last Zoot Cab and I have nothing to play thought at home. I've just purchased TaySte's Simms Watts PA 100 head which needs an 8ohm Cab, My Orange Bass Terror will do 8 or 4 so REALLY what I should do is get a something like the Orange SP210 or 212 which is small, portable, and is 8ohms.

In reality, the Matamp probably not as heavy as I make out - its not as heavy as the old Trace Elliot 410 that they have in there - I'll get figures and let you know (Veils - who I bought this off - reckoned between 40-50kgs).
As I said, I was only lugging an ultralight Zoot 210 up those stairs for a good year or so before that, I so I was pretty spoilt. I can lift the Matamp with two hands, but im used to lifting the zoot cabs with one! Also im pretty, small 5'5 or something, so its not that easy for me anyway.

Now I sold my last Zoot Cab and I have nothing to play thought at home. I've just purchased TaySte's Simms Watts PA 100 head which needs an 8ohm Cab, My Orange Bass Terror will do 8 or 4 so REALLY what I should do is get a something like the Orange SP210 or 212 which is small, portable, and is 8ohms.

My Ultimate plan is getting 2 SP212s for my Bass Terror.

What im selling is a 4ohm Gin-u-wine Matamp 212 Bass Cab in orange Tolex.
Its loud as all hell and will punch through walls if you want to: it will handle a whapping 800w

Its got a few little battlescars but nothing to complain about.

***this is just a feeler at the moment, im probably not going to be sticking this on ebay and its not open to offers**
I do really love this cab, but I need something I can carry up and down stairs on a regular basis. If no one here wants it - hell i'll just suck it up and get another cab when i get paid.

Let me know if your interrested. The cab is currently is in leytonstone, if there is any interrest Im happy to a) get more pics b)bring it to mine in Rickmansworth.

[quote name='Dosi Y'Anarchy' post='1087184' date='Jan 12 2011, 08:32 PM']**Feeler for interrest**

Its This one:

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=106325&hl=matamp&st=20"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...atamp&st=20[/url]

[b]I paid £280 before postage (I spent ALOT on postage because I needed saturday delivery)

so i'd like that back - you can collect from Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire or Leytonstone, East London.

You're welcome to arrange a courier at your own expense, but im not the greatest for availability due to work and band constraints.
[/b]

My Situation is this:

I practice in a squat in Leytonstone (east London), up a very narrow flight of stairs. I'm sure most bass players dont have to deal with this sh*t just to have a practice, but in the past i've regularly carried cabs all the way up those stairs and all the way down. When I got the Matamp and took it to practice i noticed two things:

1) its the greatest cab i've ever heard - loud, punchy, articulate - everything i'd hoped it would be.
and:
2)now its up in the practice room, i'm not moving it anywhere until a gig because if it goes down those stairs I fall down the stairs with it and be crushed to death or worse: break the cab.

So I've been leaving it there so I can practice with it and so I dont have to try and lug it down stairs and into the boot of my peugeot 107 (3-doors and bass cabs dont mix) and back every week. They guys in the squat are my buddies and the cab is safe - its Speakon only, so no one actually has anything that will run through it! (unlike my old Ashdown that got ragged) - so it sits in the corner, hidded with blankets.

In reality, the Matamp probably not as heavy as I make out - its not as heavy as the old Trace Elliot 410 that they have in there - I'll get figures and let you know (Veils - who I bought this off - reckoned between 40-50kgs).
As I said, I was only lugging an ultralight Zoot 210 up those stairs for a good year or so before that, I so I was pretty spoilt. I can lift the Matamp with two hands, but im used to lifting the zoot cabs with one! Also im pretty, small 5'5 or something, so its not that easy for me anyway.

My Ultimate plan is getting 2 SP212s for my Bass Terror.

What im selling is a 4ohm Gin-u-wine Matamp 212 Bass Cab in orange Tolex.
Its loud as all hell and will punch through walls if you want to: it will handle a whapping 800w

Its got a few little battlescars but nothing to complain about.

***this is just a feeler at the moment, im probably not going to be sticking this on ebay and its not open to offers**
I do really love this cab, but I need something I can carry up and down stairs on a regular basis. If no one here wants it - hell i'll just suck it up and get another cab when i get paid.

Let me know if your interrested. The cab is currently is in leytonstone, if there is any interrest Im happy to a) get more pics b)bring it to mine in Rickmansworth.[/quote]
PMd

A deal is currently in the works.

Its a great cab, but really my situation means that its a cab thats barely getting any use.

Unfortunately with the Matamp, i was halfway to my dream rig, but nows not the time for it.

No way will the Simms head fit on my cab, they'll both have to sit on the floor, either that or go all Kiss and start rigging up dummy cabs :)