Hey there world of Basschat,

I'm on the verge of setting up a pedal board with the following pedals:

BOSS TU-2 tuner
EBS UNICHORUS
BLACK CAT BASS OCTAVE FUZZ
EHX BASSBALLS NANO
BOSS ODB-3 OVERDRIVE
DIGITECH BASS SQUEEZE COMPRESSOR

Any advice on what order I should set them up and if any of the pedals are likely to suck my tone in the chain would me more than welcome, I'm clueless! :s
In fact, any pedalboard set-up tips would be great.

Damn, I feel like a fool!

Theres plenty of advice around... Best really is to try every combo and see which sounds best for you.

The 'industry standard' is...

Compression - High gain pedals - lower gain pedals - wah/envelope - chorus/flanger/Trem - delay

But, some pedals sound better before or after others. There is no right or wrong so try all the combinations until you settle on one that suits you

Shep

It helps a LOT if you have a true-bypass looper (single, double, whatever).

Any pedal which turns out to have unwanted side-effects can then be by-passed when not in use.

Given that [i][b]combinations [/b][/i]of pedals can create side-effects which each of those pedals on its own does not, sometimes it's the only solution.

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='1083735' date='Jan 9 2011, 10:51 PM']It helps a LOT if you have a true-bypass looper (single, double, whatever).

Any pedal which turns out to have unwanted side-effects can then be by-passed when not in use.

Given that [i][b]combinations [/b][/i]of pedals can create side-effects which each of those pedals on its own does not, sometimes it's the only solution.[/quote]

Cheers for that. To my knowledge the EBS, EHX and Black Cat pedals are true bypass and I might not even include the overdrive pedal as it's just a slot filler really. Given that, do you think a loop will be necessary for the tuner and compressor?