Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot AH250 GP11 MK V

mattjones_81

Up for sale is my trace elliot gp11 mk v head. I bought this head off a fellow band member who had "upgraded" to a hartke unit - and my love of all things trace elliot couldn't stand to see this one unused. When I bought it the bloke said the eq wasn't working - so i took it straight round my amp tech Jesse James at soundburn audio who gave it a good going over. He couldn't find any faults with the eq or the amp after several tests other than the two push buttons for the graphic equaliser and the mid cut pre shaping seem to be stuck in the "in" position - however the graphic can be set to flat level to counter this.

Other than this minor issue the amp was given a clean bill of health and a famous gold sticker on the back as proof (see photo). I have only used this amp a few times for practice and one gig (you can see it glowing under my left hand in the photo!). I am only selling as i already have a MK 2 Trace elliot AH250 that i use all the time! Even though i do think the tone is slightly better on the MK5 I am a soppy sod and have too much sentimental attachment to my MK2 which i have had for years - I don't need two AH250's and need some cash so the MK 5 has to go.

Spec wise it is 250 watts output, has 1 jack and 1 xlr output (4 ohms minimum), It has the legendary GP11 preamp (before trace was bought by gibson blah blah) all slider caps present and correct!, two inputs, DI output for PA and high and low signal outputs. The UV tube is working which gives the amp that lovely glow when on stage! It has all the rubber feet present on both sides and is missing one metal corner protector.

It is a great Amp that has no trouble cutting through the mix - I only ran it at output 3 out if 10 with my 2X15 cab for the gig pictured and was easily loud enough - i have never needed to run either of my trace elliots anywhere near above halfway!

I have seen a couple of these go on this forum and eBay for around £300 but will ask for £275 due to two the push buttons not functioning (Jesse said it could be fixed quite easily but no need). I am based in Bath but could meet in Bristol or am willing to do a bit of driving (within reason) for diesel money if arranged beforehand.

Any questions please get in touch - thanks