Why become a member? ×

Mesa Boogie Powerhouse 6x10"

Dan_Nailed

The time has come to part with my cab :) I am in for a new band playing g***tar and need to finance a rig, and this cab is the only thing I can bear to part with. What else needs to be said, it's a Mesa. I bought it about 18 months ago, fixed the tolex, sprayed the grille black and invested in a custom cab cover for it that fits perfectly and is better than the Mesa one IMO. It's truly a monster sound, tight, puncy, defined, but BIG. Paired with my 400+ it was world breaking but has had everything from SVT's to Eden's to GK's plugged into it and sounds truly immense. This cab will take anything you can throw at it, spit it out and ask for more. Before me it was a bedroom cab(why?) and then I barely used it, maybe gigged it 10 times at medium volumes.

In fantastic condition, all drivers working perfectly along with tweeter. This is a 1st generation Powerhouse with just tweeter control no Player Control Network, and is a 4 Ohm version that can handle 900W RMS!!! Doesn't have the in-built casters but does have the rails for casters which should cost usually £40, you can get suitable casters from any old hardware place for peanuts. Has two 1/4" inputs, side handles etc. Made in the USA.

A 4x10" new is around £1100, the 6x10" is pushing £1500, but all I want is [s]£750[/s] [s]£700[/s] [b]£500[/b] or a close offer, which includes me picking the cab up and driving to your front door with it, or practice space, as I appreciate it's a bad time of year to shift such a hefty piece of kit. You get the cab cover for free, and I must admit I'm making a loss on this but needs must. I know I'll replace it with a 4x10" Powerhouse in the future but for now I need dollars. I can guarantee you WILL NOT be disappointed with this cabinet. It is a cab for life, it will never die, and it will blow your socks off. Please don't make me Ebay it!

Dan
[email protected] Edited by Dan_Nailed

[quote name='Dan_Nailed' post='1078030' date='Jan 4 2011, 10:39 PM']

The time has come to part with my cab :) I am in for a new band playing g***tar and need to finance a rig, and this cab is the only thing I can bear to part with. What else needs to be said, it's a Mesa. I bought it about 18 months ago, fixed the tolex, sprayed the grille black and invested in a custom cab cover for it that fits perfectly and is better than the Mesa one IMO. It's truly a monster sound, tight, puncy, defined, but BIG. Paired with my 400+ it was world breaking but has had everything from SVT's to Eden's to GK's plugged into it and sounds truly immense. This cab will take anything you can throw at it, spit it out and ask for more. Before me it was a bedroom cab(why?) and then I barely used it, maybe gigged it 10 times at medium volumes.

In fantastic condition, all drivers working perfectly along with tweeter. This is a 1st generation Powerhouse with just tweeter control no Player Control Network, and is a 4 Ohm version that can handle 900W RMS!!! Doesn't have the in-built casters but does have the rails for casters which should cost usually £40, you can get suitable casters from any old hardware place for peanuts. Has two 1/4" inputs, side handles etc. Made in the USA.

A 4x10" new is around £1100, the 6x10" is pushing £1500, but all I want is [s]£750[/s] [s]£700[/s] [b]£600[/b] or a close offer, which includes me picking the cab up and driving to your front door with it, or practice space, as I appreciate it's a bad time of year to shift such a hefty piece of kit. You get the cab cover for free, and I must admit I'm making a loss on this but needs must. I know I'll replace it with a 4x10" Powerhouse in the future but for now I need dollars. I can guarantee you WILL NOT be disappointed with this cabinet. It is a cab for life, it will never die, and it will blow your socks off. Please don't make me Ebay it!

Dan
[email protected][/quote]

Hey Mate,i love that cab.
I defo do a deal with ya,maybe a trade,i got loads of gear to clearout.
If ya after owt that is !

[quote name='Dan_Nailed' post='1096884' date='Jan 20 2011, 09:58 PM']Unless you've got a Laney GH50L or other similar hi-gain "metal" guitar amp i.e Engl, nice Marshall, Peavey 5150 etc, I wouldn't really be up for trading it...I'd trade it for £600 Sterling :)[/quote]

Got a jtm60,but dont think it's quite what your after.
Shame,superb cab .