Why become a member? ×

Status Graphite S3000

rob_89

After much decision making ive decided to put this up for sale and get the Fender jazz bass ive been wanting for some time!

Not all that sure on its age (serial number is 141) but its in good condition and plays really great, and has low action. Its got some 'buckle rash' on the back and some wear above the bridge pickup where myself and previous owners have used it as a thumb rest. Ive shown this best as i can on the photos, although it seems to look slightly worse above the pickup; its doesnt show up as much in the flesh (or the wood!)

Ive put some black metal knobs on it for my taste but will send the original black plastic ones too incase anyone wants to restore it to original.

Hardcase is also in quite good condition, it does show its age but still protects the bass as it should. Also as its built for a headless bass its a bit shorter than a normal one, so it fits in the boot just right (ive got a vauxhall astra).

The strings on it are just a couple of months old, and il also include a brand new spare set of double ball strings, i wont be needing them when i get the Fender!

Not really looking for trades as ive got the jazz lined up already so looking for a cash sale of [b]£580[/b] including the new spare set of strings, also including postage, or [b]£565[/b] with the spare strings if buyer is to collect.

Any questions, please ask. I am in Rotherham, South Yorkshire if anyone wants to collect.

Pics below.

Many Thanks,

Rob

Edited by rob_89

[quote name='Dogz73' post='1075772' date='Jan 2 2011, 09:35 PM']Hi,

I'm looking to trade my Jazz and your Status looks great.

Would you consider atrade deal for my 2007 Fender American 75 reissue.

Would be looking for a cash uplift as well.

Let me know,

Cheers[/quote]

Hi,

Would be more interested in your Aerodyne Jazz; if you'd let it go and would like to discuss then PM please mate

Cheers

Rob

[quote name='rob_89' post='1081458' date='Jan 7 2011, 07:43 PM']Why so? Just the looks?[/quote]

I've always felt they were a bit shoddy, I remember playing one when they were brand new at Sound Control Newcastle, and I've played a few since then and they've never impressed me. They look and feel a bit cheap and the fretwork isn't fantastic, the woodwork on the necks was rough and the maple there was noticeably a cheap piece. The sound was always flat and uninspired, even with new strings. I couldn't really figure out why they had been allowed to come out so shoddy, but they feel like cheap old Squier basses tarted up in Fender colours.

They are certainly no match for an S3000, or if you're really wanting a Fender type bass, a good CIJ jazz.

[quote name='Chris2112' post='1081874' date='Jan 8 2011, 10:38 AM']I've always felt they were a bit shoddy, I remember playing one when they were brand new at Sound Control Newcastle, and I've played a few since then and they've never impressed me. They look and feel a bit cheap and the fretwork isn't fantastic, the woodwork on the necks was rough and the maple there was noticeably a cheap piece. The sound was always flat and uninspired, even with new strings. I couldn't really figure out why they had been allowed to come out so shoddy, but they feel like cheap old Squier basses tarted up in Fender colours.

They are certainly no match for an S3000, or if you're really wanting a Fender type bass, a good CIJ jazz.[/quote]

Thats my old bass its a little cracker its clean as a whistle good luck rob

[quote name='Sean' post='1083298' date='Jan 9 2011, 04:59 PM']Do the neck bolts go into brass/metal tapped ferrules on the neck of this bass?[/quote]

Do you mean are there ferrules in the actual neck, or where the head of the bolts are countersunk into the body?

There are some in the body where the bolt heads are countersunk.

Im not sure about the neck as ive never took it off; i could do if thats what you want to know? Just out of interest thought mate, why do you want to know?

Cheers

Rob

[quote name='rob_89' post='1083386' date='Jan 9 2011, 06:16 PM']Do you mean are there ferrules in the actual neck, or where the head of the bolts are countersunk into the body?

There are some in the body where the bolt heads are countersunk.

Im not sure about the neck as ive never took it off; i could do if thats what you want to know? Just out of interest thought mate, why do you want to know?

Cheers

Rob[/quote]

PM sent.