Why become a member? ×

Hey

Danbass7

Hey guys,
I live in Wiltshire and have been playing bass for about 6 months and guitar for 5 years. Im A huge thrash metal fan but am also heavily influenced by blues and latin music such as Santana. I dont know if any of the older guys remember a band called the Groundhogs from the late 60's /70's, they were a rock blues band and had a bit of chart success, but are regarded by many as one of the best rock/blues bands of the era. These guys are basically what I was weened on by my dad along with AC/DC and Sabbath. Im in a metal band at the moment and am loving every minute of it.

Favourite bands : Dream Theater, Queensryche, Pantera, Metallica, The Groundhogs, AC/DC, Sabbath and Santana

Sorry for the life story, glad to join the forums

Dan :)

Edited by Danbass7

[quote name='beerdragon' post='122510' date='Jan 17 2008, 10:53 PM']Welcome to Basschatt, Tony Mcphee is one of my all time favourite G....r players. did'nt think much of his twiddling with synths though.[/quote]

yeah, I know what you mean. nice to see he has some fans still out there

Eleventh hour is just the greatest song ever

Edited by Danbass7

[quote name='paul, the' post='122602' date='Jan 18 2008, 06:40 AM']Howdy Dan,

Yea, I've heard some Groundhogs tracks. Quality blues-rock. They're still at it aren't they?[/quote]

Yea, they split in 04 and are back since 07 I think. McPhee is into playing more of the blues stuff with his wife now but he is playing more proper groundhogs shows soon.

and he now has a myspace with a few tracks up along with tour dates: [url="http://www.myspace.com/tonymcpheethegroundhogs"]http://www.myspace.com/tonymcpheethegroundhogs[/url]

Edited by Danbass7

Hi Dan,

Welcome from someone only on the forum a few minutes longer than you!

When I introduced myself I forgot to say what I like, but it includes AC/DC.

If forced to take one album to a desert island, it may well be Highway to Hell.

Going back to the age of 16 Cliff Williams was the man as far as I was concerned.

Hmm 37 now, but I still like solid basic bass playing!

David H