Why become a member? ×

warwick WCA 112 ND

hrc_la

Never used one but €150 seems a good price. I've known players to use a single Aguilar GS112 at small gigs and be heard ok. I owned 2 GS112's and together they were very good so you might want to think about a second cab if you're in a band with loud drummer and guitarists, like I am!

p.s Sorry for my bad English too! :)

Edited by bigthumb

[quote name='hrc_la' post='1071920' date='Dec 29 2010, 05:02 PM']hello all

what you have to say about this cabinet?
i have a nice deal whit one. €150 for one of that cabinet.

is this cabinet good for a stand alone?

ps: sorry for my bad english.[/quote]
As I have 2 Warwick Neo Pro 12"s, I'd say the price is VERY good. However, it all depends on if you are just going to use 1 cab or 2.

If you are just going to use it on it's own, you need an amp head that won't put out over 300 watts @ 8 ohms, as you don't want to risk blowing the speaker. Having a compressor and/or a limiter on the amp helps too. There are plenty to choose from though. E.g. Hartke HA3500, Ampeg B2R-E, Laney RB9, Ashdown Mag EVOII, Genz Benz Shuttle 3.0.

IF you can get 2 though, you'd have a nice 600 watt 4 ohm rig that would cover most gig situations AND you could get plenty of decent and powerful amps.(Ampeg SVT Pro 3, Hartke's HA5500 or LH500, Orange Terror Bass-though this has no compressor or limiter, Warwick's Pro Fet 5.2 or Xtreme 5.1.)

Hope that helps!

Edited by indiegrungesound

[quote name='MythSte' post='1073987' date='Dec 31 2010, 08:26 PM']I used to own one of these. Great tone but wasn't as deep as some other 12's i've heard :)[/quote]
If you don't mind me asking, which 12" cabs are deeper sounding? Aguilars? Bergantinos? Purple Chillis? (I AM actually interested in which lightweight 12" speakers are the best sounding. To the best of my knowledge, the Warwicks use the same Celestion drivers as Purple Chilli/Zoot cabs.)