Why become a member? ×

Carl Thompson Basses

harveyn

That looks similar to a CT (except for the scratchplate) I played in the Bass Centre back in the early-ish 80s. Not sure if it's the same one as I don't remember the inlays too well, but everything else looks the same. The one I played was a really, really nice bass. Way, way out of my price range now though (although it wasn't at the time; seem to remember it was less than a grand, those many years ago).

FWIW I have a dvd of Stan Clarke live at Montreux in about '77 and he plays his CT a lot on it.

[quote name='4000' post='1200265' date='Apr 15 2011, 09:02 AM']That looks similar to a CT (except for the scratchplate) I played in the Bass Centre back in the early-ish 80s. Not sure if it's the same one as I don't remember the inlays too well, but everything else looks the same. The one I played was a really, really nice bass. Way, way out of my price range now though (although it wasn't at the time; seem to remember it was less than a grand, those many years ago).

FWIW I have a dvd of Stan Clarke live at Montreux in about '77 and he plays his CT a lot on it.[/quote]

Hi

It may well have been the same Bass, i remember it sounded rubbish and had the worst set of strings on it i have ever touched, but i had an Alembic Stanley Clark model at the time and discussed with Rob Green (STATUS) how it could be improved, and Rob ingeniously concealed Status active circuitry under the original pick up and set up, enhanced it with Chrome effect scratch plate and Ron Baker at Rotasound made piccolo strings specially for it, and its the most amazing Bass on the planet.

A thousand quid was two months wages then!!!

Anyway heres your chance mate to actually own it, as i have said i was probably a bit optimistic in the current financial climate, and i am willing to do a deal, possibly a part ex , i am looking for a Gibson Les Paul, so that and some cash.

I would love to see that DVD you have, can it be purchased?

Thanks

Harveyn