Why become a member? ×

Brono Bass -SOLD

Dosi Y'Anarchy

****SOLD*****

So I bought two bronco basses, a black and a red one - I turned the Black one into a sweet Musicmaster (with an Aero Musicmaster Pickup) which was up for sale but I think i'll keep it.

**this is being sold as parts/spares or as a project - in its current state, it sounds like ass**

The Red Bronco here was meant to become a Mustang. I got the pickups, The Pickguard, the Control plate and a Musicmaster Bridge - all of these had to be imported from the states.
then got bored and couldnt be bothered. Along the way I dinged the body and also had to do some routing with a screw driver to fit the new pickup in.

[b]I'm looking for £70 ono for everything EXCEPT the 'Death' neck plate[/b] - thats a keeper (ill include the original), I should have the original budget strat pickup that they put in the stock bronco, and when I find it, ill include it.

Its got a fresh set of D'addario EXL 160s Nickelwound shortscale bass strings.

I sprayed the neck with nitrocellulose amber tint to make it look a little less bleached out. Its not a pro job but but it makes the bass look alot better.

Heres whats actually included in the sale:

Squire Bronco Bass neck (amber nitro tinted) with original Tuners and neck plate- I have a string tee to include but need a screw for it
Red Squire Bronco Bass Body - original bridge, pots and wiring. Original pickup when I find it.
Fender Mustang Bass pickups (imported from the states)
Fender Musicmaster Bridge (you will need to drill the bridge for the strings to go through to make it top loading)
WD Parts Mustang Bass Pickguard (pickup holes have been filed badly to let the pickups in)
Fender Mustang Bass control Plate
two Squire Bronco bass pickguards - one sprayed orange, 1 stock white.

Oh, the 'competition stripe' is just black electrical tape.

To get the bass to a great condition (ie: better than the original) i would suggest the following:

a couple of CTS pots to replace the 500k mini ones. and replace all the wiring.
If you dont fancy the Mustang look, slap in a strat-style humbucker or a Aero Musicmaster (if you can find one)
slap some carbon paint over the bits I hacked away.

*SOLD**

Edited by Dosi Y'Anarchy

• 4 months later...

[quote name='Dosi Y'Anarchy' post='1070228' date='Dec 27 2010, 05:12 PM']****SOLD*****

So I bought two bronco basses, a black and a red one - I turned the Black one into a sweet Musicmaster (with an Aero Musicmaster Pickup) which was up for sale but I think i'll keep it.

**this is being sold as parts/spares or as a project - in its current state, it sounds like ass**

The Red Bronco here was meant to become a Mustang. I got the pickups, The Pickguard, the Control plate and a Musicmaster Bridge - all of these had to be imported from the states.
then got bored and couldnt be bothered. Along the way I dinged the body and also had to do some routing with a screw driver to fit the new pickup in.

[b]I'm looking for £70 ono for everything EXCEPT the 'Death' neck plate[/b] - thats a keeper (ill include the original), I should have the original budget strat pickup that they put in the stock bronco, and when I find it, ill include it.

Its got a fresh set of D'addario EXL 160s Nickelwound shortscale bass strings.

I sprayed the neck with nitrocellulose amber tint to make it look a little less bleached out. Its not a pro job but but it makes the bass look alot better.

Heres whats actually included in the sale:

Squire Bronco Bass neck (amber nitro tinted) with original Tuners and neck plate- I have a string tee to include but need a screw for it
Red Squire Bronco Bass Body - original bridge, pots and wiring. Original pickup when I find it.
Fender Mustang Bass pickups (imported from the states)
Fender Musicmaster Bridge (you will need to drill the bridge for the strings to go through to make it top loading)
WD Parts Mustang Bass Pickguard (pickup holes have been filed badly to let the pickups in)
Fender Mustang Bass control Plate
two Squire Bronco bass pickguards - one sprayed orange, 1 stock white.

Oh, the 'competition stripe' is just black electrical tape.

To get the bass to a great condition (ie: better than the original) i would suggest the following:

a couple of CTS pots to replace the 500k mini ones. and replace all the wiring.
If you dont fancy the Mustang look, slap in a strat-style humbucker or a Aero Musicmaster (if you can find one)
slap some carbon paint over the bits I hacked away.

*SOLD**[/quote]
Many thanks Theo. Most of it has arrived. Will PM you the details and we can speak once you get back from your holidays. :)

[quote name='MB1' post='1251430' date='May 31 2011, 01:22 PM']MB1. :)
...Will you be wanting the Go faster stripes?[/quote]
Meh, I was playing this Jazz bass last night and it had a really fast neck but no stripes. I think it's all just snake oil myself.
I'll pop them in the post for ya FOC. :)