Why become a member? ×

Does anyone here use EMG40TW pickups?

JimBobTTD

Hello

During the summer, I received a couple of EMG 40TW pickups which I suspect are dodgy. I know everyone thinks their wiring is perfect etc etc, but I [i]know[/i] my wiring was perfect. I even tested them without pots, with fresh batteries and so on.

Anyway, I am looking for someone who uses these pickups. The idea is that you would swap out one which you have in your bass where it works 100% and put in one of mine and tell me if it works or not. This means that you would need to have ones with the quick-connect cables to reduce the number of variables. I would send you the two I have and you would test them and send them back to me. All postage costs would be covered by me, of course, and I would chuck in enough for a couple of pints.

Any takers? No psychos or anyone planning on ripping me off, please!

Thanks for reading!

Unfortunately I don't have a TW pickup to trade you with - but what are your symptoms (or rather the symptoms the bass is having!!)?

Have you tried swapping the two pickups between their two positions to see if the problem moves? Or do you feel that both pickups have the same problem?

Hmm, being as the TW is a dual mode pickup - if you don't have any joy getting a swap with someone - maybe isolating the two halves of the pickup and test them separately?

Just a few thoughts.

[url="http://www.emginc.com/products/category/248/2"]http://www.emginc.com/products/category/248/2[/url]

Thanks for the response, dood.

I have tried everything with these pickups - isolating one half and then the other, both coils, direct to output jack, 18v, 9v, in a bass, outside and on the bench...you name it. I would rather not say what the symptoms are in case anyone does volunteer to test these for me; I would like to keep the experiment as clinical as possible!

Thanks for the bump. I shall use this opportunity - [i][b]anyone out there use EMG 40TW pickups who can test my pickups for me?[/b][/i]