Why become a member? ×

Cab Splitting,FX splitting, Signal Splitting

jamiesonk666

Hi,
I'm trying to overcomplicate a very simple concept. My rig will comprise of Ampeg 810-e,(when I get one)Bass pod, power amp.
THE PLAN!
Fender P bass into a bass pod- Bass pod into QSC 500watt & 4ohm per channel-into SVt 810-e (split)
Top 4x10 will have
p bass-Pod9model out) Boss Distortion/feedbacker-Flange-chorus-Digitech GNX3 (No amp modeling but controlling internal Distortion-Tremolo-Delay-Whammy)-Vox Wah then into bass pod.
The lower 4x10 will have
Di out of the pod (Clean) dod bass overdrive-DD3(30ms)-Dod envelope filter. Was thinking about a sonic maximiser just to make the bass sound nicer as i'm using a 75 p bass. Will I need signal loop splitters,thru boxes and kill switches.
And I know some of you will take the P*ss ,it's inevitable.

I was reading about Justin Chancellors rig and it messed with my mind.

Hey there - nothing wrong with your idea - I don't think you will need splitters, thru boxes or kill switches just yet! You might need to split the signal from your bass out to the two signal chains though.

Can I suggest a way of making your complicated paths very simple? If you are familiar with the POD and are using one then - Grab yourself a Line6 X3 (live maybe) as an upgrade - you can run two separate signal paths (bass path and guitar path for example) and run them out to the two channels of your power amp and then drive the two separate halves of your 8x10. You can do all that you have described without other pedals and everything will be in one tidy box then. Less to carry and you don't have to worry about broken cables / leaving things behind / all the other trials and tribulations of gigging with multiple pedals

Nice one and thanks for the avice.Would love to get a new pod but finances dictate I need to make the most of what i've got.I desperatley need a a svt 810-e tho. Gonna sell all my comics and all my G1 transformers and all my vynil to get one. Any idea on how much a secon hand one is.I aint bothered about my back or having a new one because after its been thrown in the van it'll look beat up.

[quote name='jamiesonk666' post='1066164' date='Dec 21 2010, 08:59 PM']Nice one and thanks for the avice.Would love to get a new pod but finances dictate I need to make the most of what i've got.I desperatley need a a svt 810-e tho. Gonna sell all my comics and all my G1 transformers and all my vynil to get one. Any idea on how much a secon hand one is.I aint bothered about my back or having a new one because after its been thrown in the van it'll look beat up.[/quote]
why do you need an 810? there are much better cabs on the market that'd probably do a better job of what your after!

ive been looking into a similar setup as youve described, one thing I dont understand though, if you run the kidney shaped pod 2 or x3 as the preamp, where do you put it? I know its probably down to preference but do most people leave them on their board or on top of the poweramp? the live floor based version looks too massive to have with a pedalboard aswell, and the rackmount pro version is a stupid price. id prefer just the x3 model but it doesnt look like its designed to be used live

[quote name='dumelow' post='1070147' date='Dec 27 2010, 02:36 PM']ive been looking into a similar setup as youve described, one thing I dont understand though, if you run the kidney shaped pod 2 or x3 as the preamp, where do you put it? I know its probably down to preference but do most people leave them on their board or on top of the poweramp? the live floor based version looks too massive to have with a pedalboard aswell, and the rackmount pro version is a stupid price. id prefer just the x3 model but it doesnt look like its designed to be used live[/quote]

The kidney bean PODs I guess would be better off sat on top of your amp - as it has a connector for an external foot controller board, as does the X3 pro. The X3 and other Live models obviously are better suited to be down by ya feet :)

The X3 bean would be fine for use live, with the external board - but it'd probably be cheaper to just buy the X3 live instead!