Why become a member? ×

A little help

bassigus

[quote name='bassigus' post='1061820' date='Dec 17 2010, 05:30 PM']Ok I'm basically looking for a rack mount that can take both an EBS 350 and a BEHRINGER BTR2000 racktuner... only problem is I dont know what fits in which or what to choose for a brand etc

So I need a little help, anyideas?[/quote]

well the amp is 2 units and the tuner is 1 unit so you need a 3 unit rack case,although i know some people say its an idea to get one unit more than you need as it all ventilates better,i personally have my markbass head in a 3 unit gator shallow case with a 1 unit tuner above it and have never had any problems,.

All rack cases tend to be 19" across.... which is handy seeing as rackmount effects and amps etc tend to be also 19" across. One thing you can look at is the depth. Due to new technology, rackmount amps etc are becoming shallower, so it may be worth looking at getting a shallow one as they can be a lifesaver when loading your gear in and out of the car!

Gator are probably the best known manufacturer with good reason. Their cases are the wick! Tough, fairly well priced, and they seem to be able to lock in with the vast majority of other plastic based rack case manufacturers which can be handy if you're at a gig and you need to stack amps.

Yes, I would get a case with an extra space incase you want to get a multi-fx or a compressor in the mix. I don't think it helps with circulation though. They're design that all the units are taken up!

Truckstop

i've always had gator, and never had problems with any of them - the main one did 10 years and does the job just as well as when i bought it!

the thing i'm considering for the next one is purely aesthetics - the normal rack stuff aint as wide as a cab - so looking at the lined ones that are!