Why become a member? ×

Line6 M13

The Fly

Im interested in using the Line6 M13 as an effects unit for bass
Is this practical? and if so have any of you got any pointers on good settings to apply.

I use it for guitar and find it a great piece of kit.

What I would like is a bit EQ, distortion, modualtion and maybe some filter effects.

Any ideas

Cheers

I use one,

not so struck on the filters tbh as I've never found a envelope follower setting I liked.

If you run it as two parallel signal paths (using a boss LS-2 to split/combine the signal paths) it does some fantastic distortion and fuzz while retaining a nice low end.

Best thing is to experiment tho'

I run an M9, it's little brother, it's a brilliant piece of equipment. Distortions, EQ's, Comps, Verbs and Delays are great, not really sold on the Filters though. I recommend you have a play with it and see if it works for you though. I also found it strange at first, getting used to the automatic switching between FX units, but now it's extremely beneficial, and lets me move through effects a lot quicker now.

Zach

I own an M9 too. Id say its strengths are with the delays and the looper, and the pitch gliding is pretty good too. The modulation and dirt are okay. A fair few of them are definitely usable, but they all seem to lack a little something to me. If you're picky, you might not like the unit. If you're not all that fussed or just want some convenience, you'll find it a great piece of equipment. I dont have mine on my board anymore since i downsized, but im keeping hold of it because it always comes in use.