Why become a member? ×

Gibson Les Paul 5 string 1997 FS/FT

gareth1982

1997 model. It has EMG humbuckers. It is currently strung with flatwound strings (I actually think they are Labellas thinking about it.. I've played it for probably 5 hours in the 2 years I've owned it which is reflected in condition. It's basically like new. Plays and sounds superb too, but it's just too 'rocky'and powerful for the band I play in (soul and motown stuff). Gibson gigbag with it too.

Looking for £700 or make me an offer. I would be interested in a trade for a nice USA Jazz deluxe or the like, 4 or 5. Or what have ya got? Message me with any offers.

Cheers

Edited by gareth1982

Just to answer a couple of questions I've had regarding the weight of the bass, yes, it's quite heavy. I dont have any scales but its heavier than my stingray 5 and my bubinga corvette 5 as it's presumably got a mahogany body. It sustains forever with those EMGs on it!

[quote name='gareth1982' post='1056501' date='Dec 12 2010, 08:39 PM']1997 model. It has EMG humbuckers. It is currently strung with 'halfwound' strings; not roundwounds but not quite flats. I've played it for probably 5 hours in the 2 years I've owned it which is reflected in condition. It's basically like new. Plays and sounds superb too, but it's just too 'rocky'and powerful for the band I play in (soul and motown stuff). Gibson gigbag with it too.

If it doesn't sell, I am doing a trade next weekend, but am just seeing if there is any interest in a straight sale on here and I can still get what I want with the cash.

Looking for £700 or make me an offer.[/quote]

Bump :)

[quote name='gareth1982' post='1056794' date='Dec 12 2010, 11:20 PM']Just to answer a couple of questions I've had regarding the weight of the bass, yes, it's quite heavy. I dont have any scales but its heavier than my stingray 5 and my bubinga corvette 5 as it's presumably got a mahogany body. It sustains forever with those EMGs on it![/quote]

Bump...trades?!!!

[quote name='gareth1982' post='1056501' date='Dec 12 2010, 08:39 PM']1997 model. It has EMG humbuckers. It is currently strung with flatwound strings (I actually think they are Labellas thinking about it.. I've played it for probably 5 hours in the 2 years I've owned it which is reflected in condition. It's basically like new. Plays and sounds superb too, but it's just too 'rocky'and powerful for the band I play in (soul and motown stuff). Gibson gigbag with it too.

Looking for £700 or make me an offer. I would be interested in a trade for a nice USA Jazz deluxe or the like, 4 or 5. Or what have ya got? Message me with any offers.

Cheers[/quote]

[quote name='gareth1982' post='1072868' date='Dec 30 2010, 04:41 PM']pre NYE bump. I'm going to London tomorrow....free delivery?!?[/quote]

New year's bump...also got an excellent condition ashdown mag 410 combo (hardly used) for sale/trade for a decent 4/5 stringer...WHY?