Why become a member? ×

**SOLD**FS- Yamaha Rbx 5a2 - As New

chuck_stones

Hi all,

Up for grabs is my virtually mint condition Yamaha RBX 5A2. It's a great modern style 5 string jazz bass with a great tone from the ceramic custom single coil jazz pickups. Although the bass takes a 9v battery, the bass is passive; the 9v battery powers the blue (bridge) and green (neck) volume control lights which vary in brightness according to how high the contols are turned up; these lights go really well with the overall style of the bass, which I would describe (tongue in cheek) as pimp.

Nice maple neck with rosewood fretboard which has 24 medium frets. The bass features Yamaha's A.I.R body, which (apparently) is a soft core body with resonant tone woods layered on top and bottom, all of which are connected by tubes which connect the unique bridge to the whole body; combined with the string through body bridge design allows for a remarkably full tone for a bass that weighs in at just 3.2kg!

Specs are:
Colour - White & Aircraft Grey
Weight - 3.2kg
Scale - 34" (863.6 mm)
Body Type - Alternative Internal Resonance contoured body
Pick Up System - Ceramic Bar Single x 2
Neck - Maple (Bolt on)
Finger Board - Rosewood
Radius - 10 5/8" (250mm)
Bridge - Alternative Internal Resonance Mounting System Bridge (Die Cast)
Controls - Front Volume (with LED), Rear Volume (with LED), Master Tone

The reason for sale is that I need to raise funds for another purchase.

The only wear to speak of is just a small chip in the top of the headstock (at the back from getting a bit over zealous on stage and hitting a speaker stack) and some very light scuffs on the back of the bass (no buckle rash).

Asking for [s]£250[/s] [b]£220[/b] delivered to your door. I'll include a gig bag for posting. Any questions, feel free to ask. Item is based in Leeds and collection in person is possible for £200 cash.

You can check out a review of this great bass (4 string black version) by Ed Friedland here: [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47tKorh9vgo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47tKorh9vgo[/url]

Pics:

The chip:

The LED's in operation:

Edited by chuck_stones

[quote name='chuck_stones' post='1056306' date='Dec 12 2010, 06:44 PM']Hey dude,

Not too keen on the btb 405, but could be tempted by the Spector....what scale length is it?[/quote]

it's 35", i don't have any actual pictures at the moment but i can get some if you are interested

Edited by dudewheresmybass89

[quote name='dudewheresmybass89' post='1056352' date='Dec 12 2010, 07:20 PM']it's 35", i don't have any actual pictures at the moment but i can get some if you are interested[/quote]

Well, a 35"er would definitely be more my thing.

What sort of condition is the Spector in? I think I'd prefer to trade up for a Spector (like an LX or something) rather than for one of their lower range instruments, but I'd be interested in seeing some pics if you can get any?

[quote name='chuck_stones' post='1057262' date='Dec 13 2010, 01:29 PM']Well, a 35"er would definitely be more my thing.

What sort of condition is the Spector in? I think I'd prefer to trade up for a Spector (like an LX or something) rather than for one of their lower range instruments, but I'd be interested in seeing some pics if you can get any?[/quote]

It's in very good condition, the only mark to speak of is just behind the bridge, but is only there if you look for it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...