Why become a member? ×

Aria Japanese Made Rickenfaker 70s SOLD!

ash

This bass was made in Japan in the 70s by Aria at the Matsumoku factory. Its a rare bass, especially in this condition with only minor dings, paint touchups and tarnishing to the chrome wear. Unusually it retains its original pickups, pickup cover and trussrod! It has a bolt on neck, very thin and fast with beautiful abalone inlays and a glassy finish, the machineheads are era appropriate Grover copies. The truss rod turns each way and has plenty of adjustment play. Everything plays and works as it should with the exception of the wiring which needs some attention due to dry joints. Both pickups work but the bridge pickup has been disconnected to bypass the selector switch. It sounds pretty authentic. Its a good weight and balance and in summary its a great looking and a very collectable bass. I'm looking for around 310 cash or trade for a nice Status Groove 5 bass. Its on Ebay too but for a bit more dosh! Collection preferred but I can send within the UK only for 25 quid ish. For those non bass playing people out there who occasionally abuse these forums do not contact me if you are looking for a husband, adoption or any other money making scam! Go on you know you want it!!!!!
Cheers.
Now sold.
[attachment=66118:_B_vI_nQ...peQ___12.jpg]

[attachment=66119:_B_vIpL_...zIg___12.jpg]

[attachment=66120:_B_vJ__w...Vu____12.jpg]

[attachment=66121:_B_vJvjw...pLQ___12.jpg]

Edited by ash

Ahh man, xmas time is the wrong time to get a good price for this unless someone is buying it as an xmas pressie. If it were in The Spring i might have had it off you.

Good luck with the sale though, hope you get a decent price.

Edited by daz

[quote name='daz' post='1055897' date='Dec 12 2010, 12:06 PM']Ahh man, xmas time is the wrong time to get a good price for this unless someone is buying it as an xmas pressie. If it were in The Spring i might have had it off you.

Good luck with the sale though, hope you get a decent price.[/quote]

Thanks! Its a very nice bass and has had a good playing action and fast neck but I was tempted (again) by the real thing so this must go....offers please!

[quote name='ash' post='1056406' date='Dec 12 2010, 07:57 PM']Thanks! Its a very nice bass and has had a good playing action and fast neck but I was tempted (again) by the real thing so this must go....offers please![/quote]

Price drop!

[quote name='daz' post='1061012' date='Dec 16 2010, 09:22 PM']I dont spose you'll still have it in a month or so. But if you do I would probably have it off you.[/quote]

Sorry Daz but I think I've got a serious buyer!