Why become a member? ×

lesson rates

slobluesine

I did the first lesson for free since it'll mostly be chatting about what they want to achieve and showing off on your part as a means to hook them.

Then it was £20p/h after that. I just did hour-long lessons and my overheads were low too (this is something you should take into account).

Dan

I'd call any local guitar shops/rehearsal rooms and get their prices (your local music service will no doubt also have freelance teachers) and base your prices on them.

Also, target demographic matters a lot. I had a targeted marketing strategy that brought me in a lot of good pupils but the majority of my students ended up being 30+ (that marketing strand must've been more successful). That meant my students practiced and improved but that meant I had more preparatory work to do (baring in mind my students each got their own lesson plan, backing CD at 5 tempos and worksheets to complete).

I gave it up after breaking my arm and getting used to Sunday lie-ins and the day with my partner!

Dan