Why become a member? ×

MIJ or CIJ

Chopthebass

I have bought new Fender Japan Basses from Japanese sellers on e-bay - seikosuru and bluezy are two names that come to mind - top notch sellers - they sent photos of the bass before posting it. Using the Japanese postal system, the basses arrived in less than a week ! I got a 51 P-bass and a bound and blocked P-bass that way. In fact the bound/blocked P-bass was bought just by e-mailing the chap (via e-bay) and telling him what I wanted. I suppose now that restrictions appear to be coming in on new basses, JP e-bay sellers may focus more on used basses. At the moment however I can still see new MIJ Fenders coming out of Japan.....

• 2 months later...

[quote name='OldGit' post='220146' date='Jun 16 2008, 07:28 PM']Does anyone know if Japanese market basses sometimes have nothing on the heel?
I'm looking at what appears to be a PB62 Japanese only but there's nothing on the heel or plate ...[/quote]

As in serial number and the crafted or made in Japan wording? The neck plate on my Jazz is plain, it has serial number and crafted in Japan on the heel.....any pics mate, maybe earlier models were labelled elsewhere on the bass???

[quote name='Jase' post='220315' date='Jun 17 2008, 12:16 AM']As in serial number and the crafted or made in Japan wording? The neck plate on my Jazz is plain, it has serial number and crafted in Japan on the heel.....any pics mate, maybe earlier models were labelled elsewhere on the bass???[/quote]

PM'd