Why become a member? ×

Building A Warmoth Bass?

Macko1968

Okay, no-one currently makes a P bass quite like I want one so I'm thinking of going the Warmoth route.

Does anyone have any experience of buying parts from Warmoth & assembling them? I'm guessing that, other than the final set-up, it will be no harder than stripping down a guitar for a clean up & re-assemble?

[quote]Does anyone have any experience of buying parts from Warmoth & assembling them? I'm guessing that, other than the final set-up, it will be no harder than stripping down a guitar for a clean up & re-assemble?[/quote]

You'll also need to drill all the holes for the machineheads, pickups (sometimes...), pickguard and strap locks
Then it's just wiring-up the electrics
It's pretty simple - just don't rush anything

A great company to deal with in my experience

been and gone :)

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?act=Search&CODE=show&searchid=706162fb2ea1792cb08bf5ffd8d5b5c6&search_in=titles&result_type=topics&highlite=%2Bwarmoth"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?act=Search...lite=%2Bwarmoth[/url]

everything you'll need from picking woods and pickups, installing and building and so on

My avatar pic is a Warmoth 5-string gecko i built a few years ago. I found the parts of very high quality (they are not cheap) and they slot together like a simple lego set. Well finished, I just rubbed mine with wire wool and tru-oiled it. It was a really easy build and first time I'd ever done anything like this. Just a screwdriver and a soldering iron for the electrics. I got a really nice playable and unique instrument with a great tone.
I've heard criticisms of Warmoth customer care and delivery times but I was delighted with mine from start to finish.