Why become a member? ×

What was the gear that you thought was poo, at the time...

Moos3h

Don't start on Synths DX7 and Juno8 couldn’t give um away then, well had to sell them while not making the wrong sort of funny noises.

My first rig was a Guitar amp 4x12" marshal with 100w valve top, second hand from a guitarist in a bedsit in Oxford. All he had left was his guitar and the mattress on the floor. Paid him £80
My bass sounded great through it. This would be a good storey if I had sold it years later for hundreds, but no, I sold it to the girlfriend’s sister’s boy friend on instalments. Think I got £40 up until they split.
:)

[quote name='ThomBassmonkey' post='1200033' date='Apr 14 2011, 10:16 PM']I sold a (Watkins) WEM Dominator MkIII last year, brilliant sounding amp. Still had the original valves (it'd been stuck under a table at a shop with some people that didn't know what it was for years) and worked fine. I loved that amp, if I played blues or similar it would've been great, a single channel amp was and is no use to me though.[/quote]

I'm sure 2fly studios in Sheffield has a Dominator but it doesn't look like the ones Google brings up. I'll get a pic if we go back there to do any more recording.

Recently shifted a Visual Sound Double Trouble (which I originally swapped for a Digitech x-series 'verb) for around £80 and a D*A*M Dragonfly for £130 (paid £60). I liked the D*A*M even though it was completely unsuitable for me but the Double Trouble.... how Tube Screamers ever got popular is beyond me. There's an original TS808 in a local music shop and they're asking £500 for it. They can keep it.