Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Godsticks - Spiral Vendetta

danthewelshy

Check out this band which I now happen to be in!

Its hard to categorize the music as theres a lot of different elements so take a listen and see what you think. I think Urb from this site recently reviewed the album in bass guitar magazine as well.

Basically this is Jase's (from basschat) old band. He decided he wanted to do different things which coincidently you can hear in this sub forum with his new recordings with Dan Glenn. Any how Darran (Singer, guitar, keyboard) decided to act quickly and got BRYAN BELLER to fill in to record the album. I've then come in from there to go out and play the stuff live. Beller is a seriously good player and it is genuinely worth listening to this album from a bass playing point of view to see how he subtly but stylishly fits around everything else going on.

www.myspace.com/godsticksmusic

heres an instrumental track from the album not on myspace
[attachment=64833:09_Livid.wav.mp3]

Theres 3 tracks from the album on there, check it out and see what you think. Theres also some gig dates up there, so if you do come to one make sure you come and say hello. We've done a few gigs so far including the Prog-bury festival at the Apex and Go Prog fest 10 in Portugal. If there are any other prog bands on here and you need support for a gig just give us a shout i'm sure we could help.

www.godsticks.co.uk

You can buy it from there if you really like it :)

Cheers

Edited by danthewelshy

Spooky - I was reading about the album release last night and made myself a little note to try and listen to some stuff today - popped into BC first and here was your note :)

Listening to MySpace right now - sounds King Crimsonesque (which is a good thing as far as I'm concerned!) based on first couple of minutes.

Looking forward to hearing the rest!

I bought the album a couple of months ago. It's very good indeed, it's more progressive than a lot of the rubbish around at the moment that parades itself as "progressive". There's some great composition and playing, and Darran has a really good voice. The music has loads of personality.

So, Dan, you are the young fella everyone's been mentioning :) Congratulations!

[quote name='silddx' post='1034812' date='Nov 24 2010, 10:11 AM']I bought the album a couple of months ago. It's very good indeed, it's more progressive than a lot of the rubbish around at the moment that parades itself as "progressive". There's some great composition and playing, and Darran has a really good voice. The music has loads of personality.

So, Dan, you are the young fella everyone's been mentioning :) Congratulations![/quote]

Yes they are great players so its a real treat for me to play with them. I know what you mean about a lot of stuff being branded as prog when it really isn't. I won't go any further into that though as I'm sure there are enough topics around the internet about what people class as "Prog".

Yeah I'm the young one :). Nice to know that you have enjoyed the album.

Cheers
(Also added the instrumental track to the topic if any one fancies a listen)