Why become a member? ×

" Mayones Victorious 4 Custom " => SOLD!

Bassdude BE

Hello all,
I just got this, but's the neck is just not right for me so i'm already putting this up for sale/trade again.

putting up for sale/trade :
My lovely Mayones Victorious 4 Custom. The bass is in a mint condition, no scratches, dings - no such things at all.
It's hand made in Poland, left Mayones Custom Shop on 6th of February 2009. The warranty is still valid.

The bass sounds GREAT, you can create many diverse tones, though I would say it sounds more like a modern and selective instrument,
which is quite obvious when you take a bass' specification into consideration.
The action is very low, bass is also well balanced, no neck diving of course.

The bass comes with a hardcase, Hipshot Xtender, bill of sale, user's manual and hex keys.

spec's:

Body: Profiled Ash back & Wenge middle/Eye poplar top

Neck: 9-ply / Maple-Mahogany

Fingerboard: Ebony

Scale: 870mm (34,25")

Construction: Neck-thru-body

Frets: 24 medium jumbo Ferd Wagner

Markers: Bloody red LEDs + side dots

Tuners: Schaller M4

Bridge: Mayones X2 two-piece brass bridge

Pickups: 2x Bartolini Soapbar

Electronics: active Aguilar OBP3

Controls: 1xVolume,1xBalance,1xMiddle,1xTreble/Bass

Body and neck finish: Natural wood / Gloss finish

Hardware colour: Black

Nut: Ebony

Jack: Switchcraft

for the moment you can already find some picture's here, more pictures will folow later today.

wanted price: 1599E / 1370£ => BC price: 1450E / 1230£ O.N.O.

(The standard version of this bass goes for about 2500 Euro's and this one has the added led's, hipshot D-tuner, custom finish and so fort, so get yourself a deal! :) )

Shipment within EU = 45£

reason for selling: The neck is a bit too flat for my taste + i'm not a fan of NT's and would prefer a bolt-on or composite/graphite neck again.

Trade in possible: looking for a modern sounding 4 or 5 string, active, bolt on or graphite/composite neck (f.e.: ZON VB4) prefferably in natural / black / grey/charcoal finish.
I prefer a trade + cash my way, but might also consider a straight trade if the right bass comes along...

greetz

Edited by Bassdude BE

[quote name='Dropzone' post='1032806' date='Nov 22 2010, 05:14 PM']Stunning, I would be well interested if it was 5 strings!!!![/quote]

If it was 5 strings i would probably keep it as the 5 stringers have a thicker neck-profile,unfortunately this being a 4 string the neck feels just a bit too thin for my taste... it could be that i'm that used to the big Musicman-neck's that this will take a lot more getting used to ,but at the moment my L-thumb placement just doesn't feel right... :)

Edited by Bassdude BE

neck dimensions:

Width at nut 43mm
Width XII fret 56mm
Thickness I fret 21mm
Thickness XII fret 23mm

Will consider trades with a nice musicman/warwick/spector + cash
OR a straight swap with a Status streamline / Marleaux / Modulus Quantum / Zon VB4 bass in good condition.

There might be other similar basses that i haven't thought of yet,
w.h.y.g.?

*EDIT: already have an offer of 1150£ on a Belgian auction site so all new offers should exceed that offer ofcourse.

Edited by Bassdude BE

*EDIT: already have an offer of 1150£ on a Belgian auction site so all new offers should exceed that offer ofcourse.
[/quote]
Hiya
lovely bass but I'm also concerned about the neck size. Does the above quote mean it's now an auction?
good luck joe

[quote name='shantijoe' post='1035032' date='Nov 24 2010, 02:08 PM']*EDIT: already have an offer of 1150£ on a Belgian auction site so all new offers should exceed that offer ofcourse.

Hiya
lovely bass but I'm also concerned about the neck size. Does the above quote mean it's now an auction?
good luck joe[/quote]

Hi Joe,
the neck is actually really comfortable to play, but as i'm used to playing a stripped down musicman with a thick neck and loads of attack,
this just feels a bit too different to me,in a way it feels almost too refined for a big sized hardrocker like me. :)
Also i'm under the impression that this bass might be just a bit too much for me with the led's and the fancy top and all as i'm usualy more of a "less is more" kinda guy...

A far as the auction part is concerned:
as i stated before i'm open to reasonable offers , the only reason i mentioned the offer on the local site is to make it clear that there's is no use in offering less than
1150£ as i will not sell it for less than the offers i already received,
on the other hand i will always prefer a BC-buyer over some store owner who just wants to make a big profit out of it. :lol:

Ideally i would like to trade it with a Zon VB4 or Status Streamline ,but as these are hard to find these days, i guess selling it is the next best thing. :)

If you have any further questions feel free to ask,
kind regards,
Don.

Edited by Bassdude BE

[quote name='martysprior' post='1036657' date='Nov 25 2010, 06:42 PM']Hi Don,

Good Evening,

I'm very interested in buying your Mayones bass!

Could you please send me you contact details asap? Mobile or/and home telephone number and email address.

I'm a bass player and not a trader by the way.

Regards

Marty Prior
Mobile +44 (0)797 227 4004 email [email protected][/quote]

I have send you a pm! :)