Why become a member? ×

Hartke LH5000 vs Peavey Tour 450

Bassmurf

LH500

It was made with the words 'less is more' in thought.

Its flat at B:2 M:8 T:3 i believe so its got a massive mid scoop, remember this when you try it out. It was built to be easy to get a great sound. Apparently it sounds great at any setting.

If anything, its missing a knob, a Gain! Even though it has a tube you dont have the option to push it so its constantly 'clean'.

Only thing thats stopped me from buying one so far is the weight. Same with the peavey.

everyone has mentioned about the dash on the peavey. I just find myself getting lost, and sound/tone suffering because.

[quote name='pandathe3' post='1076981' date='Jan 4 2011, 01:36 AM']If anything, its missing a knob, a Gain! Even though it has a tube you dont have the option to push it so its constantly 'clean'.[/quote]
It doesn't need a gain because it's a high voltage, high headroom input circuit designed to be clean. That said, stick a gain boost in front of it (or use a bass with hot pickups) and you'll get a nice breakup from the valve. I did the latter when I owned one :)