Why become a member? ×

Marshall Supa Bass

AndrewJordan

Anyone know anything about this? bought it a few years ago, it looked interesting so got it. Anyway it sounded crap, too many rattles and a low quality driver so i put it in the shed and forgot about it. I have what is supposed to be the original blown driver a square magnet thing.

Anyway, having a clear out and dont know whether to stick this on the bay or try sorting the rattles and putting a decent driver in. Any opinions and info welcome.

[quote name='icastle' post='1031917' date='Nov 21 2010, 09:18 PM']Wow!

I managed a music shop back in the 80's and we did a PX against one of these.
It's a long time ago but from what I remember of it... it was (obviously) a 15" bass reflex cab, built early to mid 1970s with a 200W 8Ω driver.

I now feel like someone off of Antiques Roadshow :)[/quote]

Cool, can you remember if it sounded good?

[quote name='AndrewJordan' post='1032295' date='Nov 22 2010, 10:06 AM']Cool, can you remember if it sounded good?[/quote]

LMAO - I don't remember what I had for dinner last night mate!
I seem to recall a Beatles cover band had it off us, so it sounded right for them if tahts any help.

[quote name='razze06' post='1032330' date='Nov 22 2010, 10:23 AM']I have owned what I think is the evolution of this, the 1555. The 1555 is a 15' folded horn cab, not a reflex, so I'm not sure if it is even comparable.
Mine sounded great with its original celestion sidewinder.[/quote]

Actually I think this one is a folded horn rather than a reflex. Do you reckon they have a good sound for hard rock?

[quote name='AndrewJordan' post='1032366' date='Nov 22 2010, 10:54 AM']Actually I think this one is a folded horn rather than a reflex. Do you reckon they have a good sound for hard rock?[/quote]

Mine had as much low end as you wanted, but practically no top end. That suited me fine, but you better know.
It's loud, but it fires the sound at your feet, meaning that you cant' hear yourself much at all, while people are passing out 20 meter into the room from the soundwave pressure...

Yours will probably need a new driver anyway, so pick wisely :)

• 1 month later...