Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Epiphone Flying Vee

pete.young

My son has decided to sell his Epiphone Flying Vee. This was his Xmas present 3 years ago He played it for all of 3 weeks, decided he had mastered it (hah!) and hasn't touched it since.

As you can see it's in reallly good condition, no marks on the neck and nothing visible on the body that I could photograph.

However, most Vees seem to have a little bit of wear on the points, and this one has a tiny mark on the back of each pointy bit which I've tried to capture here:

And there is a little tarnishing of the gold on the machine heads:

The scale length is 30.5" so perfect for smaller hands. All the passive electrics work and there is no crackle on any of the pots. The bridge is a genuine Epiphone item in black, which was supplied as a replacement when the original gold one tarnished. There is no case with the instrument but I do have the original shipping box.

Finally if anyone called 'Nathan' is interested in this, we can do you a good deal on a custom embroidered strap, featuring this very guitar!

The instrument is fitted with a set of serviceable Dunlop Straploks which are included with the instrument.

Nathan would like £125 for this instrument, plus shipping if necessary. It can be collected from Ipswich, Central London or points inbetween. We're not really interested in trades unless it is for cricket gear.

I can bring this to the SE bass bash if anyone would like to see it.

Edited by pete.young

[quote name='throwoff' post='1031422' date='Nov 21 2010, 02:29 PM']Is this lefty flippable?[/quote]

Vees were quite popular with left handers when they first came out, so I don't see why not.

You'd need to move the bottom strap button onto the other point and probably replace the nut.

Hello Pete,

Hope you're well.

If this is still going I'd definitely be interested.

Junior is getting a band going at school, so having a short scale bass around isn't a bad idea (would stop them trying to borrow any of mine anyway!)

Cheers

Ashley

P.S. Sennheisers are going great guns.

• 2 years later...