Why become a member? ×

Kit Richardson - Friday 26th Nov - Brixton

xilddx

Kit attempts to contact your dead relatives via the power of loud, banging tunes. This is a BIG ONE for us so bring your friends! And your relatives who aren't dead!

[b][url="http://www.kitrichardson.com"]http://www.kitrichardson.com[/url][/b]

It's in a very funky venue in a Brixton church crypt.

Babalou, The Crypt, St Matthews Church, Brixton Hill, London, SW2 1JF
[url="http://www.babalou.net/"]http://www.babalou.net/[/url]

Five of your English pounds
On stage at 9.30pm (we think)

Cheers,
Nx

Edited by silddx

Once again I must send my apologies for not be able to attend, what promises to be, a delightful event.

Jeez living in Devon can be so dull sometimes :)

All the best.

PS. Has Pete's avatart resigned yet? I'm still available for the tour, I've cleared my diary :)

[quote name='Marvin' post='1031674' date='Nov 21 2010, 06:42 PM']Once again I must send my apologies for not be able to attend, what promises to be, a delightful event.

Jeez living in Devon can be so dull sometimes :D

All the best.

PS. Has Pete's avatart resigned yet? I'm still available for the tour, I've cleared my diary :)[/quote]
Hehe :lol:

Should be a very good night actually. We shall be wearing black and glod and pimping it up to the max :)

If you want to come Marvin, I can send my chauffeur over to Devon to pick you and the missus up?

[quote name='flyfisher' post='1034986' date='Nov 24 2010, 12:37 PM']We played Babalou last friday - great little place. Can't make it this week though as we're playing the Hertford Corn Exchange.

Have a great one![/quote]
Ah, excellent! Good PA for a 6 piece band?

Thanks mate.

Pretty good PA - 4x Mackie SRM450 heads and 2x JBL subs. Not sure how much power was driving it. To be honest, I thought the sound guy pushed for a bit too much volume at the expense of vocal clarity, but maybe I'm just not a great fan of bleeding ears.

Backline was a TE for Bass and Laney and Marshalls for guitars. I think the TE was a 715, if you could confirm that I'd appreciate it - I was impressed with it but forgot to note the model number.

[quote name='flyfisher' post='1035003' date='Nov 24 2010, 12:48 PM']Pretty good PA - 4x Mackie SRM450 heads and 2x JBL subs. Not sure how much power was driving it. To be honest, I thought the sound guy pushed for a bit too much volume at the expense of vocal clarity, but maybe I'm just not a great fan of bleeding ears.

Backline was a TE for Bass and Laney and Marshalls for guitars. I think the TE was a 715, if you could confirm that I'd appreciate it - I was impressed with it but forgot to note the model number.[/quote]
Will get that model for you mate. I won't be using it mind :)

Good they got Mackie SRMs.

Cheers.

[quote name='flyfisher' post='1035021' date='Nov 24 2010, 12:59 PM']Thanks.

We didn't fancy driving across London on a friday evening so we took the train, hence instruments only.
Rock 'n' Roll eh? :)[/quote]
Absolutely mate :lol: That's why I only ever take a bass and a POD to gigs. It's arguably much more rock n roll to brave public transport than be one of those chauffuer driven pansies :)

We didn't fancy driving across London on a friday evening so we took the train, hence instruments only.
Trace GP7 mate.

Really funny here. The first band just had a hissy fit at the SO and stormed off home during their SC. :)

Trace GP7 mate.

Really funny here. The first band just had a hissy fit at the SO and stormed off home during their SC. :)

[quote name='Jigster' post='1038385' date='Nov 26 2010, 10:48 PM']...had a chance to gig at Babalou and we couldn't make it work - how's the set up there?[/quote]
It's in a crypt so low ceilings and pillars obstructing the view of the stage from most angles. The stage is quite small but there is a rear bit to it for drums and side areas for your string section or whatever. PA is ok I suppose, crap for vocals for some reason. You have to have the right voice for it to work. Only two of the five bands tonight did, us and a superb power blues band.

The sound guy is a wizened Scottish geezer who only knows the basics, moans a lot, and is disorganised and not particularly helpful. He really f***ed us up by putting one of our monitors on full volume and it blew my f***ing head off. The bass and keys were absolutely deafening and my ears rang for our set and afterwards. Efforts to get him to turn it down were rewarded with the bass being reduced and the keys left as they were. The guy is not bright. And he doesn't care about sound enough to want to do his job properly.

Nice crowd though and we went down a storm. We were second headline of five bands (it's normally six! all different styles and ability level too, stupid) and were supporting a great quirky electro-pop band called Empress, check them out, they are really interesting and the singer is gorgeous! Because of so much f***ing around, we went on much later than planned, so we got most of Empress's crowd. It was 11.30 when they finally got on and a fair proportion of the audience had left by this point. I had to too, but I caught a couple of songs, really great band live.

The place looks lovely in pictures but for some reason it has no spirit, just seems so corporate, reminded me of the Rock Garden in Covent Garden. Make sure you bring water or juice with you. After requesting a pint of lime soda (and being told in a really off way they don't have pint glasses and lime cordial) I got charged £2 for a small glass of soda and ice with a piece of lime in, f***ing ridiculous. I questioned this affront and the tall, handsome "bar man" was surly, unhelpful, unsmiling and unrepentant. As soon as I stupidly gave him the money, he went went back to laughing and joking with him mate at the end of the bar. That really wound me up. I seriously wanted to kick him down a flight of stairs but I'm not like that. I had to go out and calm down for half an hour. Anyway, each song I played in our set was my imaginary soundtrack to the c*** being waterboarded. I played well :) £3.50 for a 330ml bottle of beer, £2.50 for a bottle water. I'll never go there as a punter. EVER. I don't want to play there again either if possible.

Also, they insist you bring 25 paying people with you to get a slot, but that's bullshit, there were about 50 max at the venue and about 20 of them were in the bands. They say that sh*t to scare you a bit.

Edited by silddx