Why become a member? ×

Status bass on ebay, shill bidding?

robocorpse

Anyone else noticed the rather dodgy looking bid pattern on that black Status thats up at the moment?
[url="http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=110610083474"]http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V...em=110610083474[/url]
I was in the running for this, but looking at the high number of bids from a 0-feedback user who has only ever bid on auctions from this seller, I am not going to entertain it.
Unless anyone on here is either the seller or the 0-feedback bidder and can actually vouch for themselves?
And no, I wouldn't normally post info of something I was bidding on, but I thought this looked well suspicious, and I wouldn't want a fellow BCer to get ripped off.
I hate ebay. Too much suspicion.

Edited by robocorpse

Even then, these daft S2000 basses have been so vastly over inflated, along with the other Status models.

A couple of years ago, when the market was great and money was flowing freely these were selling for a few hundred quid, firmly established as the poor cousin of the S2. S2's could be had for less than a grand. I was offered Kingbass #4 for £800. Now, these are coming up at ridiculous prices, well over £1000. And the value of old S2's in particular stays very strong, well above inflation.

I recall someone recently saying how he had always wanted one of these but then the market priced itself up by people asking for more and more for these basses. At £1000, you could have something really good from Status for a little bit more...