Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Trace Elliot Panels

goblin

[quote name='goblin' post='1024003' date='Nov 14 2010, 09:19 PM']Just collected my new acquisition today, a Trace GP7SM 250 head. It sounds and looks great, but it doesn't light up. Did all of the trace panels light up, or just some?[/quote]

Nope the SM doesn't light up. At least it doesnt on mine (Series 6 SM.) The front panel is glow in the dark and if you can find a sleeve for it that has a UV tube in it it will glow in the dark. When you take it out, next outside that is and the sun is shining whoa! you will see that UV war paint! but if you are playing a venue that has any kind of UV lighting she will glow .

[quote name='BanditSid' post='1024400' date='Nov 15 2010, 10:59 AM']I would check inside to be sure, I bought a 1215 and the front panel wasn't lit, but I found that the cable to connect the front panel to the EL driver board was missing, I put in a bit of screened cable and hey presto it's all back lit now.[/quote]

That requires pulling it apart though :) :)

[quote name='goblin' post='1024553' date='Nov 15 2010, 12:57 PM']That requires pulling it apart though :) :)[/quote]

If your's like the one i used to have i'll save you the disassembly trouble:
[url="http://picasaweb.google.com/106572846091439162015/TraceElliot7210HGP7SM#slideshow/5509232681276912946"]http://picasaweb.google.com/10657284609143...232681276912946[/url]

Note that mine was a combo but the head version is exactly the same mounted in a smaller frame.

Cheers

My now ex GP12400SMX Amp Head was the type that was sleeved in the green carpeted wooden frames, with the black panel at the front, and the model name on the panel in clear window.

Behind that there was a huge UV bulb, which NEVER blew or failed once and I owned the amp for around 10 years.

There was a switch to turn it off which I started using as I wanted to retain the life of the bulb...but anyway, even when I sold it, the bulb was still going.

Awesome amps...despite the HUGE weight. Not sure about graphic eqs though, I dont miss that!