Why become a member? ×

b i e d e r b e c k

AndyTravis

So, our first outing under the new name, with new members.

I've been aching for this gig for ages, as have the rest of the band.

It's been a long, quiet period since we were YellowDog, and seems an age since we sold out Academy 3.

So, come along, it's a relaxed venue (the Singer and Guitarist own it) and it won't be by any means a finished article.

The keys player/backing vocalist has decided to leave due to other personal commitments, so we're beavering away at filling the gap she's left behind.

We'll be playing the majority of our forthcoming album, plus a Christmas classic with a twist.

It's dark, thoughtful indie pop but rest assured, yours truly will be adding some interesting bass flavours to the evening.

Half the set fretted, half the set fretless.

Rumours that a local 'poorly illustrated young male' may be joining us for the evening haven't been confirmed 100% yet, but there will be a healthy support at bare minimum.

The newly refurbished back room can only hold about 80 people, so it will be cosy. If you want to come along let me know, and i'll make sure you're on the named list.

Totally free entry, and some of the best ales in Manchester.

66 Oldham Street, just off Piccadilly.

Please come along, if only to watch me mash through my first gig on Fretless.

[quote name='AndyTravis' post='1022043' date='Nov 12 2010, 11:30 PM']So, our first outing under the new name, with new members.

I've been aching for this gig for ages, as have the rest of the band.

It's been a long, quiet period since we were YellowDog, and seems an age since we sold out Academy 3.

So, come along, it's a relaxed venue (the Singer and Guitarist own it) and it won't be by any means a finished article.

The keys player/backing vocalist has decided to leave due to other personal commitments, so we're beavering away at filling the gap she's left behind.

We'll be playing the majority of our forthcoming album, plus a Christmas classic with a twist.

It's dark, thoughtful indie pop but rest assured, yours truly will be adding some interesting bass flavours to the evening.

Half the set fretted, half the set fretless.

Rumours that a local 'poorly illustrated young male' may be joining us for the evening haven't been confirmed 100% yet, but there will be a healthy support at bare minimum.

The newly refurbished back room can only hold about 80 people, so it will be cosy. If you want to come along let me know, and i'll make sure you're on the named list.

Totally free entry, and some of the best ales in Manchester.

66 Oldham Street, just off Piccadilly.

Please come along, if only to watch me mash through my first gig on Fretless.[/quote]
Thank You Mr T for info....
Id love to come along!
work commitments permitting
thanks for letting me know!
god willing see you there
Witters

Edited by witterth

[quote name='witterth' post='1022072' date='Nov 13 2010, 12:23 AM']Thank You Mr T for info....
Id love to come along!
work commitments permitting
thanks for letting me know!
god willing see you there
Witters[/quote]

Would be nice to have the Basschat Manchester gang there, bit of a review afterwards.

[quote name='daz' post='1022091' date='Nov 13 2010, 01:42 AM']Will try and get there.

ps The only Yellow Dog i know had a hit with [i]One more night[/i] many moons ago back in the late 70s early 80s[/quote]
I was thinking that too,
Mr T would have been in primary, if ,even thought of then!!