Why become a member? ×

Fender Sting Signature 1953' Precision Bass - SD1 Pickup, Fitted Hard Case, Tort Guard, Chrome Covers

Mike

Hi guys, bit of a pride and joy here. A Sting signature, with upgraded pickup [url="http://www.seymourduncan.com/products/basslines/vintage-1/scpb1_vintage_f/"](This Seymour Duncan)[/url], a tortoiseshell pickguard, and accurate (and devilishly hard to get hold of) chrome guards.

I will also include a [b]fitted, hardshell case[/b], and the [b]original pickup[/b] and [b]white pickguard[/b].

I sanded the back of the neck slightly to get rid of that thick gloss that I'm not a fan of. It feels a hundred times better to my hands now - there is a little discolouration in one area, but nothing too bad. Worth it for the feel, in my book. I can get a picture of it if it's an important point to anyone.

The upgraded pup gives it a huge boomy, classic P sound - really beefy, very simple of course but sits so nicely in a band!

Reason for sale? My Shuker, of course! It's just not getting played anymore. And how am I going to afford Shuker no2? [i][b]Exactly![/b][/i]

Shipping is £20, or ideally picked up from Chelmsford, Essex, for free!

I have someone who has expressed an interest in this bass - so if I get a PM from them confirming the want it, they have first dibs. You know who you are! But otherwise - fire away!

[size=7][b]£400[/b][/size] - a very fair price, I feel, considering the extras. I've priced up new ones from £565 to £450. Edited by Mike

• 2 months later...

Hi Alice - thanks for the offer, but this sold quite a while ago. I see I selfishly didn't change the title to reflect this.

Sorry! Good luck buying one - if I see one I'll drop you a PM.

Regards,

Mike