Why become a member? ×

Beyoncé/Cee Lo Green transcriptions

TKenrick

Last week mostly involved me learning 60ish tunes for an audition - the bulk of them were fairly uninspiring, but a couple stood out due to some nice bass work. I thought I'd post them here for those who want some fresh reading material.

1. Beyoncé - 'Deja Vu'

The thing that caught my ear about this was the contrast between the catchy 2 bar vamp and the high register fill at the end of the verses (good ledger line reading practice!). Some nice lines in the prechorus as well.

[attachment=63641:Deja_Vu.pdf]

2. Cee Lo Green - 'Forget You'

Really simple verse groove, the real highlight for me is the bridge, which has some nice Motown licks in there (the first bar of the bridge reminds me of 'Bernadette', the fill over the D7 in bar 7 is pretty much stolen straight from Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons 'December 1963')

[attachment=63642:Forget_You.pdf]

• 2 months later...

[quote name='TKenrick' post='1019239' date='Nov 10 2010, 07:31 PM']Last week mostly involved me learning 60ish tunes for an audition - the bulk of them were fairly uninspiring, but a couple stood out due to some nice bass work. I thought I'd post them here for those who want some fresh reading material.

1. Beyoncé - 'Deja Vu'

The thing that caught my ear about this was the contrast between the catchy 2 bar vamp and the high register fill at the end of the verses (good ledger line reading practice!). Some nice lines in the prechorus as well.

[attachment=63641:Deja_Vu.pdf]

2. Cee Lo Green - 'Forget You'

Really simple verse groove, the real highlight for me is the bridge, which has some nice Motown licks in there (the first bar of the bridge reminds me of 'Bernadette', the fill over the D7 in bar 7 is pretty much stolen straight from Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons 'December 1963')

[attachment=63642:Forget_You.pdf][/quote]

Just gone through the Cee Lo transcroption- Thanks very much pal- super, super accurate- actually this surprised me how enjoyable it was- mainly the bridge which is pretty cool.

Bob