Why become a member? ×

Crinson '51 Precision..... Sold

eubassix

Nigel Crinson handmade '51 Precision - I think this is the only bass that he's done to date. His guitars have attracted a lot of interest from Fender (!) so I don't think any are currently being built (pending). Local luthier (acoustic violins originally) whose instruments have been getting a lot of positive press.
I'm attaching numerous photos which I'm hoping might cover any potential questions. The pickup is a unique (I'm told) BullDog 51-P (the only bass pickup they've done?). There are bridge and pickup covers with the bass (51P type). Not sure re. the authenticity (or make) of the bridge. The only minor parts query I had was that the tuners might not be high-end or 'correct' (?).
Comes with a lightweight/molded hardcase (as shown)
Although it's not my type of thing, having played the bass it is VERY good: great feel/tone and low, even action. The pickup is powerful and provides a great tonal variety (with accompanying tone control and hand positioning) than I'd expected with a simple 51P set-up. The neck is great - much thinner and quicker than precisions I've played previously. The bass is also pretty light at 8.4 lbs.
On-Hold/pending.... then, SOLD

Edited by eubassix

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='bouvier' post='1042723' date='Nov 30 2010, 06:32 PM'][[size=4]b]I am looking for a fretless 4 string will consider any trade except MM (don't like em) with cash either way. Maybe something a bit unusual but must be a 4[/b][/size][/quote]
Have a lovely Gibson Bartolini LES PAUL bass valued slightlyhigher but near enough to yours this really is a fantastic instrument .H . Check out my ad in this forum,my pics dont really do it justice, Cheers and good luck H the Bass

Edited by H the Bass

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks H' !!
As some might be aware, this is now available again .. courtesy of one vulture, being a creature of ill-repute.
Bonus now is that it's fully/carefully packaged .. and ready to go.
I understand (and wasn't aware before - infact I didn't even know of Mr. Henry) that Richard Henry ... :-
[url="http://www.richardhenryguitars.com/"]http://www.richardhenryguitars.com/[/url]
... was (is) very interested in this instrument and has apparently sold a number of Crinson 6str. guitars in the past. Seems to deal in some choice stuff!

Bump/Update: I now have a decent/interesting trade/££ offer pending on this bass.
Would prefer to sell for cash, but will be making a final decision on this by 10/11th. ... so this w/end is effectively a deadline

10th: On-Hold/Pending !.... and (finally) SOLD

Edited by eubassix