Why become a member? ×

Gibson Thunderbird IV 2008 as new. NOW ONLY £750

op76

[b]Price reduced from £950 [s]to £875[/s] to [s][b]£850[/b][/s] [b]£750[/b]. Cost £1,200 two years ago![/b]

[b]First to be able to collect from South London can have it for just £750.....[/b]

I flirted with the idea of selling this last year but was terrified I might suddenly want it back having wanted one for so long. Unfortunatley I have only used it a handful of times since so cannot justify keeping it any longer. I bought from new from the Guitar Village in Farnham in 2008 and it has only let the house once to have Chris McIntyre set it up properly including lowering the action to mid/low.

The neck plays really well - I'm not an expert Gibsons but I did try out a couple others before I bought this one and have to say they do differ from bass to bass. For a "big" bass the neck to me is narrow (like a Jazz?) and plays quickly. It is of course the neck through model and has all the benefits of the Gibson hardware and great full tone. The body and neck are completely unmarked - no buckle rash etc. Strangely enough I have not noticed any "neck dive", the front strap button is near the heal (or what would be the heal if it wasn't a neck trhou modlel?!).

This bass is as new and most shop floor examples have probably had more use than this one! Comes with the original plush hard case plus any others bits that came with it from new (including hardly used original strings).

Why don't I play it? Well I don't gig and rarely practice with a band now so I don't get the chance to unleash that great tone.

It cost me £1,200 new. The professional set-up cost £30 last year. As this is "as new" and a fine example I am looking for [s]£950 [/s] [s]£875[/s] [s][b]£850[/b][/s] £750 collection only from South London (East Dulwich). Happy for people to come round and try it out on my Ampeg amp of course.

[attachment=63530:IMG_2448.JPG]
[attachment=63531:IMG_2449.JPG]
[attachment=63532:IMG_2450.JPG]
[attachment=63533:IMG_2451.JPG]
[attachment=63534:IMG_2453.JPG]
[attachment=63535:IMG_2454.JPG]
[attachment=63536:IMG_2455.JPG]
[attachment=63538:IMG_2456.JPG]

[url="http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Bass/Gibson-USA/Thunderbird-IV-Bass/Features.aspx"]Gibson website[/url].

Edited by op76

[quote name='farmer61' post='1017401' date='Nov 9 2010, 12:32 PM']Trades/trades +cash?[/quote]

I am selling a few bits to have the cash to get my one and only quality guitar. I only need one bass and one guitar (no, really) hence the sale.
Having not decided on what guitar I want it will be difficult to do a trade so cash only please.

I will be looking at a Gibson 339 amongst others. Let me know what you have one!

Also have a modded Fender Mexican tele for case under "others" category.

[quote name='op76' post='1017416' date='Nov 9 2010, 12:43 PM']I am selling a few bits to have the cash to get my one and only quality guitar. I only need one bass and one guitar (no, really) hence the sale.
Having not decided on what guitar I want it will be difficult to do a trade so cash only please.

I will be looking at a Gibson 339 amongst others. Let me know what you have one!

Also have a modded Fender Mexican tele for case under "others" category.[/quote]

Anyone interested?

No love for the Thunderbird?
Don't buy a new one until you've seen this one.

[quote name='op76' post='1028510' date='Nov 18 2010, 09:37 PM']No interest?
As new/1st class condition. Date stamped on back of neck (see picture 2008).
Won't go on ebay...[/quote]

• 2 weeks later...

Last price drop before it goes back in the cupboard - £850 for an as new Thunderbird...
Treat yourself for Christmas!

[quote name='op76' post='1032980' date='Nov 22 2010, 06:03 PM']No love for the Thunderbird?
Don't buy a new one until you've seen this one.[/quote]

• 2 weeks later...

Buy me! Buy me!
I have found something else I want/need so would like to offload ASAP....

[quote name='op76' post='1046445' date='Dec 3 2010, 03:23 PM']Last price drop before it goes back in the cupboard - £850 for an as new Thunderbird...
Treat yourself for Christmas![/quote]

The guitar I want on ebay and the bidding ends in about 35 minutes. If I can get a solid "yes" for my Thunderbird on offers over £700 before then I will bid on the guitar. The highest offer wins and must collect with cash payment this weekend please.

This is subject to me winning the bid on ebay, but if you definitely want this bass then let me know now....

Long shot I know but cash flow prevents me from buying the guitar fiirst.

[quote name='op76' post='1059422' date='Dec 15 2010, 11:57 AM']Buy me! Buy me!
I have found something else I want/need so would like to offload ASAP....[/quote]

• 3 weeks later...