Why become a member? ×

overdrive / boost pedal like bassdrive

GazWills

hey,

i've been using my old fulltone bassdrive a lot recently in comp-cut mode (i've got the old version where you have to pull the volume pot up to do this)...

does anybody know of any other bost / drive pedals that have a similar sort of sound. i don't know very much about boost pedals, but imagine this mode on the bassdrive is a sort of clean boost mode???

thanks

[quote name='dannybuoy' post='1015042' date='Nov 7 2010, 10:02 AM']The Xotic Bass BB Preamp sounds pretty similar, but with more low end on tap thanks to the EQ and a much smaller footprint![/quote]

great - that sounds exactly what i'm after, a bit smaller and a bit bassier!

bet there's nowhere to try one out in the SW!!

I have a Fulltone Bass-Drive Mosfet and in comp-cut my sound retains most of the clean bottom! I am going to swap it by a DIY clone of the same pedal without the boost channel (don't use it) and a smaller footprint though!
For drive, i've tried a lot of OD pedals and no one gave me the sound i was looking for like this one - a simple drive to the clean sound without boosting it too much or over-distorting. Not even valve drives could get near what i've found in this little thing. If you crank the OD pot you get a very nice and balanced distortion with rich lows when using the pedal in comp-cut/mosfet modes :)