Why become a member? ×

For Sale - Paulman Active/Passive 5 - SOLD

angelagnostic

Bought this bass not long ago and fastastic though it is, its just not quite right for me. Would make a fanstastic slap-machine with the active/passive switch and low low action. Good all-rounder too really, its just not getting enough playing here.

Hand-built by Paul MacNab in Huddersfield, who passed away in July (v. sad, I would have loved to have met him though I think 'Beneath it All' who I bought this bass from knew him).

Built c. 2005
34" scale
Mahogany body, quilted maple front, flame-maple neck with rosewood/bubinga/ebony inserts, wenge board with side dot markers.
German Goldo pickups and active circuitry w. bass/treble cut/boost and passive pull/push switch on rear volume control
Goldo bridge with string spacing adjustment
Tuners by Schaller
Very good condition but it is an instrument that has been played, in with accompanying minor marks.

These are the photos from the original sale also updated with my pics.

£400. Happy to deliver.

Edited by angelagnostic

[quote name='angelagnostic' post='1003207' date='Oct 27 2010, 11:51 PM']Bought this bass not long ago and fastastic though it is, its just not quite right for me. Would make a fanstastic slap-machine with the active/passive switch and low low action. Good all-rounder too really, its just not getting enough playing here.

Hand-built by Paul MacNab in Huddersfield, who passed away in July (v. sad, I would have loved to have met him though I think 'Beneath it All' who I bought this bass from knew him).

Built c. 2005
34" scale
Mahogany body, quilted maple front, flame-maple neck with rosewood/bubinga/ebony inserts, wenge board with side dot markers.
German Goldo pickups and active circuitry w. bass/treble cut/boost and passive pull/push switch on rear volume control
Goldo bridge with string spacing adjustment
Tuners by Schaller
Very good condition but it is an instrument that has been played, in with accompanying minor marks.

These are the photos from the original sale as it was picked up by me, not posted and has only been used for band practice when the lads have come over to mine.

£400. Happy to deliver.[/quote]

The two shots of the headstock show different styles of machinehead, is it the same bass headstock and have the tuners been changed? Nice bass by the way.

[quote name='ash' post='1003217' date='Oct 28 2010, 12:00 AM']The two shots of the headstock show different styles of machinehead, is it the same bass headstock and have the tuners been changed? Nice bass by the way.[/quote]

My bad - that was not my pic. I've just uploaded my own photos and problem solved. The tuners on are the Schallers shown.