Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Warwick Streamer Stage I '91 Blue

warwickhunt

The bass is already set-up with a new set of strings but I've offered the prospective buyer a new set of Warwick EMP strings in with the sale, so I'll do the same for any BCer obviously. I'll not install tham as the strings that are on are fresh, so you can stick the EMP's on eBay and get £20 back if you want or stick them on your other bass!

My prospective buyer has just called to say that he's buying a Fender that he saw today on IFC... the man has no taste

I see no point in dropping the price of this bass lower as it seems to make me look desperate or the bass look crap, so I'll leave it for a few days then I 'may' eBay it! As it happens I've decided that I may well sell one or two of my other basses as I fancy a change of scenery so to speak. It probably makes no difference if this one goes because I've had reasonable offers from Warwick forum members on one or two of my others. We'll see what happens :)

If anyone has been dithering over this one then it may pay you to make a decision soon.

Cheers

[quote name='minty fresh death' post='128445' date='Jan 26 2008, 09:07 PM']What else do you have in your stable?

The only thing that puts me off about this steamer is the colour, I don't like blue![/quote]

You might say I'm odd :) but I'm fond of the oil finished streamers rather than the natural lol..only reason is I have no effort to wax em' after playing. If only my friggin fender bronco would sell...my money would be complete to gamble with :huh:

With the Blue 91 Streamer I recall on the Warwick de forum about placing in either EMG or the original MECs...I think.

Which ones better? or is there no difference at all? plus what set up does the bass have (strings, action etc)

Just contemplating with my wallet...screw finding a Thumb, it's clear I want a Streamer

[quote name='Pedro1020' post='128473' date='Jan 26 2008, 10:28 PM']With the Blue 91 Streamer I recall on the Warwick de forum about placing in either EMG or the original MECs...I think.

Which ones better? or is there no difference at all? plus what set up does the bass have (strings, action etc)

Just contemplating with my wallet...screw finding a Thumb, it's clear I want a Streamer[/quote]

Yes I was prepared initially to swap out the stock MEC's for EMG or Barts but not now :) I can honestly say that no one is better than the other they are just... different!

re. set up - all of my basses are set-up with 45-105 strings and have a medium to low action. I have no idea what the actual measurements are as I go by feel rather than feeler gauge.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Dodge' post='136411' date='Feb 8 2008, 11:57 AM']I thought you got kicked of Ebay?[/quote]

I did but a mate is listing stuff for me till I get cleared of this Leatherman/Gerber stuff. I don't contravene eBay rules and you never know, they might let me back on in... oooh 9 mths!